Backtesting without coding

Discussion in 'App Development' started by BKR88, Mar 27, 2024.

1. BKR88

BKR88

2. NoahA

NoahA

In a recent video from the NVDA CEO, he stated that their goal is to make everyone their own computer programmer. This struck me as interesting because what I would want to do is to tell my platform where I want to enter a trade based on certain things I'm seeing. Essentially, I want to train it how I think, and then have it code up my strategy and either backtest it for me, or forward test it. Then when I look at the entries, if there are some I don't like, I could explain the filters that I want it to use (ie. don't enter a trade if you notice the past 20 minutes price is in a tight range).

In essence, I am going with the idea that a human trained by watching price move for years on end is likely picking up subtle clues which are usually impossible to program into an automated trading system, but if you're just a retail trader trading manually, you're forgetting some of the stuff you noticed 6 months ago, or are lacking disciple to follow through. So you're combining the benefits of your brain that is trained on years of data, along with a highly adaptable algorithmic system.

So what I'm saying is that I would absolutely love it something like this was available today. It should be no more complicated than describing what kind of picture you want the AI to create, and then explaining what things you want it to change. I would like to think that with this technology, I could finally be profitable! :D

Picaso likes this.
  3. The code to back test over a list of bars, is very simple, not much code at all and requires only high school level maths and computing skills to develop.

4. Matt_ORATS

Matt_ORATS Sponsor