Bad experience with Cannon/Gain 2

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Fonz, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Baron

Baron ET Founder

The previous thread was closed to new replies because the customer posted his complaint, the broker responded and the customer posted his rebuttals. I closed it because there didn't seem like there was anything else to go on about. I would also like to emphasize that the thread was closed to new replies, not deleted. It is still viewable here.

#11     Feb 23, 2021
    Nobert, patrickrooney and ajacobson like this.
  2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

You misread what he said. The thread was not deleted.

#12     Feb 23, 2021
  3. My apologies you are right, I misread. Thanks for pointing it out and for letting the thread stand. But you deleted my posts. I don't think I ranted nor stated any inaccuracies.

#13     Feb 23, 2021
  4. What you write is completely irrelevant. It does not matter who pays to keep this site running. Do you take the same position on any service where anyone who pays can have all negative reviews or opinions stifled and limited? A paying sponsor acted irresponsibly and turned around and accused his customers even though the broker was 100% in the wrong on this issue. Without holding those accountable who mess up nothing changes. I can't disagree more with your stance. If capitalism for you means the highest bidders can make any valid criticism disappear then you should perhaps read up on the concept you apparently greatly misunderstand.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    #14     Feb 23, 2021
  5. rb7

rb7

I gotta give you that.
    You chose the right alias name!!!

#15     Feb 23, 2021
  6. Fonz

Fonz

I would like to share the recording solution that I just found: "Bandicam"
    This is just amazing and cost about $40.
    I can record my 6 screens at once + record what I say if I activate my mic. I already scheduled it from 8 to 5pm on weekdays, so I can just forget it. I can also come back in time and see what I did (wrong or good). I think this is a terrific tool. I just need to remember to cleanup the files from time to time. It takes 10% of my CPU power and about 100Mb of RAM.

Now, everything that happens on my screens is recorded.
    Best!

#16     Feb 24, 2021
  7. At some point, however, you should ask yourself how much mistrust in your broker is still acceptable if you have to go to such great lengths. If there was a built-in audit trail that YOU as the client have free access to then you don't need all that. Interactive Brokers offers that for years. Ask Cannon or Gain how to obtain access to that trail which should be on YOUR machine. It contains all your submitted orders and all the fills.

#17     Feb 24, 2021
    Fonz likes this.
  8. Fonz

Fonz

Did I become paranoiac?
    Sure :sneaky:

What you just mentioned regarding the built-in audit trail makes me think differently about how I approach and see IBs, Brokers, etc.
    On the process of selecting a serious one, I will definitely talk about my "experience" and ask for the solutions offered (audit built-in tool could be a great one).
    Thank you Dice.

#18     Feb 24, 2021
    DiceAreCast likes this.