Baron's Crypto Trading Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Baron, Oct 5, 2021.

1. Cool @Baron

I just had a flashback. I started as a NASDAQ day trader, back in 1998. By 1999, I was living on Mulberry St., between Bleecker & Houston, in this super decked out apartment. Happy times. All I knew is that I was trading 4 letter symbols, on the keyboard, L2, and things were great. I was young, and stupid...

During 1999, a billboard came up on my street. And then it HIT ME. Ideas had become tangible reality. I will never forget that moment. There it was, the SIGN.

42C2D6E3-3DF7-44D6-9AFD-8E1FDC7A1644.jpeg

PS. I was just messaging my old college friend. His company:
    https://www.ledgerx.com/
    was just acquired by FTX. Small world...

#41     Oct 9, 2021
    beginner66, Baron and johnarb like this.
  2. Overnight

Overnight

That's because you're already shredded. Serious triceps, man!

#42     Oct 9, 2021
  3. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I had some issues with FTX clearing my latest ACH deposit this week, but it looks like they got it sorted out today so I will be buying another $5k of BTC this afternoon.

#43     Oct 15, 2021
    johnarb likes this.
  4. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Ok, confirming I just bought .0799 BTC @ $62,306

#44     Oct 15, 2021
    johnarb likes this.
    • BTC-USD 1-year chart looks very bullish.
    • Very close to all time high - no resistance after.

#45     Oct 15, 2021
    johnarb likes this.
  5. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Hey ok I'll trade btc too via new ProShares BITO etf coming next week...if liquidity and range are decent.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/15/the...the-us-is-set-to-begin-trading-next-week.html

I like ETFs because no major gaps, usually.... though this may be different. I'll daytrade vs swing at first. Hey bitcoin traders, which is usually bigger range -- intraday or overnight gaps?

Good to hear Baron re your trading, btc seems to have lots of momentum lately.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
    #46     Oct 15, 2021
    johnarb likes this.
  6. BKR88

BKR88

This is approx. what gaps will be like on a BTC etf.

a.GBTC.png

#47     Oct 16, 2021
    KCalhoun likes this.
  7. I swing trade GBTC and ETHE quite a bit but this new ProShares ETF should be interesting. My guess is volume develop pretty quickly. Knowing ProShares, an inverse one is probably not far behind. Next question, will there eventually be options on the ETF?

#48     Oct 16, 2021
    johnarb and KCalhoun like this.
  8. d08

d08

That's mostly a problem outside of Europe and how the system has been stuck in the past. I have free instant (>30 sec) transfers anywhere in Europe up to €100k. The wire/ACH system is definitely stuck in mid 1900s.

#49     Oct 16, 2021
    johnarb likes this.
  9. RedDuke

RedDuke

If options ever materialize they will be game changer for people who want to bet and be able to collect for sure.

#50     Oct 16, 2021
    formikatrading and johnarb like this.