Been put on manual execution

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by ForexPro, Oct 26, 2005.

1. Any repibutable FX brokers out there that offer leverage similar to FXCM/Gaincapital???

#21     Oct 28, 2005
  2. If you are trading that rapidly often don't bother with a retail platfrom. Get a currenex based ECN from one of the larger firms, most of them have it. You'll get faster execution and no requotes.

Trader/God

#22     Oct 28, 2005
  3. Can you please name all of those larger firms for me? I'm totally clueless, sorry.

#23     Oct 28, 2005
  4. OneHipCat, this post actually explains it in good detail with some broker suggestions.

Trader/God

#24     Oct 28, 2005
  5. Ahhh, I missed that post. Thanks.

One question though, isn't hotspotfx the same as all the other bucketshops, with only hotspotfxi the true interbank system? And I believe it's only available to institutions.

#25     Oct 28, 2005
  6. Hmm, I'm not too familiar with the difference, but how a lot of retail firms work is they have their normal retail platform (where you trade w/ the dealing desk) and also a higher level institutional platform that works like an ECN.

The goal is capturing a lot of retail on the low end and leveraging those relationships to get the banks to feed their own ECN thats just for high-end clients (sometimes they keep an informal black list of clients that aren't allowed on no matter what their acct size).

Trader/God

#26     Oct 28, 2005
  7. taboni

taboni

Hotspot Retail does not run a desk either. You are dealing on the banks prices and paying a commission just like on the HotspotFXi platform. The only difference is with the Institutional platform you are dealing with another bank in the name of your prime broker and on the Retail one you are dealing on Hotspot's credit. Either way there is no intermediary dealing desk taking the other side of the position.

#27     Oct 28, 2005