Bernanke HUMILIATED by RON PAUL

Discussion in 'Economics' started by arbprofit2, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Havent seen that many tells, except on the face of a first day poker player

StockTurd, you just convinced me you are the biggest idiot on this site.

#11     Nov 8, 2007
  2. The DOW has done sh*t in the last five years when compared to anything. Only in nominal terms. Foreigners are eyeing all of your assets. Canadian McDonalds employees will be buying up your assets. Ron Paul is your only chance.

#12     Nov 8, 2007
  3. You're wrong again. The S&P and Dow components have been posting record profits and revenue from chap dollar, lower rares, and overseas growth.

The dow is up 35% since 2004, while inflation has only risen 12-16% in that same time, so even adjusted for inflation the DOW is ahead.

The rise in commodities and Euro isn't inflationary,. The. Euro is in a bubble due to continuous rate hikes in EU and commodities are rising to satisfy increased demand, mainly.

#13     Nov 8, 2007
  4. digdeep

digdeep

I'd be curious what your enlightened economic policy is... cut, cut, cut... inflate, inflate, inflate... measure America's inflation rate by using China's cost of production...

Inflation as measured by the CPI is a phenomenon of the '70s - when America controlled both production and consumption. The upcoming economic issue will be the devaluation of the dollar and the resulting ASSET INFLATION that occurs because of that - DOW at 50,000!!!!

#14     Nov 8, 2007
  5. fhl

fhl

Schooled, you say? I don't think so. Bernanke spoke more facts than Paul.

The facts are that congress is the one that mandates the fed consider employment.

The facts are that the fed gets criticized for either a strong or a weak dollar.

The facts are that americans only feel the effects of a weak dollar when they purchase foreign products, just like Bernanke said, and contrary to what Paul said.

If Paul wants a stable dollar, why doesn't he just create a resolution or law or mandate from congress that purchasing power is the ONLY thing that the fed shall consider when setting monetary policy. (instead of what could more realistically be considered grandstanding on his part)

Personally, I would much prefer a strong dollar policy myself, but why doesn't this showboat simply look in the mirror of the congressional john if he wants to know why we don't have that type of policy.

What a load of bull.

#15     Nov 8, 2007
  6. digdeep

digdeep

Do you even know the components of the CPI - what % of it is goods manufactured overseas - particularly in China?

#16     Nov 8, 2007
  7. What? Are you serious? Rates are 4%.
    The Euro is doing well because the region is growing steadily while the central bank maintains a healthy paranoia about inflation.

#17     Nov 8, 2007
  8. I was thinking the same thing. BB looked about as uncomfortable as I have ever seen a fed chairmen in my 10 years watching these meetings when RP was addressing him.

#18     Nov 8, 2007
  9. bernnake was furiously rubbing his nose at the end

in body language terms

Nose-rubbing or nose-touching: A sign of doubt, it often reveals a negative reaction.

#19     Nov 8, 2007
  10. fhl

fhl

It sounds like you are stipulating that the cpi is a good measure of inflation. So why do I need to know about chinese products? The cpi tells the tale.

Why don't you answer the simple question I posed about why it is the fed's fault and not congress that we have a weak dollar?

#20     Nov 8, 2007