Bernanke HUMILIATED by RON PAUL

Discussion in 'Economics' started by arbprofit2, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Exactly. Name a consumer electronics device made in the U.S. from U.S. components. Show me an article of clothing made in the U.S. I'm really not in the market for a Caterpillar bulldozer or a Boeing 787, so I'm going to be paying for more for all the imported goods I buy. Bernanke should be ashamed of that comment. How disingenuous.

#31     Nov 8, 2007
  2. gangof4

gangof4

he was smug the way he said it too. it was as if he was saying, 'the moron joe 6 pack average American doesn't understand this whole currency implosion thing, and we're not going to tell him- so stfu'.

granted, plenty of truth in that right now. we'll have a nation of currency aware average American's by next year at this time though. wonder what the fantasy CPI will read then. all i know is that by then NOBODY will believe it.

#32     Nov 8, 2007
  3. Cheese

Cheese

Ron Paul showed himself as the real lightweight he is. He is a total clown trying to be the peoples friend when, bottom line, he really doesn't know sh*t from sh*t. Paul's contribution was a jumble of uncorrelated populist concepts with Bernanke looking at this clown to whom no serious answer could be given. The look on Bernanke's face was one of just having to tolerate such inept and imprecise thinking because it can come from mouths of some deadbeat professional politicians like Ron Paul who are going nowhere but who desperately thrive on any public attention they can get

Peace.
    :)

#33     Nov 8, 2007
  4. I think you should maybe go for a walk or something.

Air out a little. Ease off the kool-aid a bit.

#34     Nov 8, 2007
  5. What?

#35     Nov 8, 2007
  6. Agree.

#36     Nov 8, 2007
  7. Keep in mind, "Made in China" does not mean Made by the chinese, or, not necessarily by the chinese.

Products are manufactured in china and abroad, But, the specifications and patents are made and held by US Corporations.

#37     Nov 8, 2007
  8. jd7419

jd7419

You can't be serious. Americans buy foreign goods all the time with their dollars. Bernankes dodge fooled nobody except for you and Steve Leisman. You can not devalue the currency to make your average american prosper. Devalueing has a benefit to multinationals. Thats it.

#38     Nov 8, 2007
  9. <i>"The facts are that americans only feel the effects of a weak dollar when they purchase foreign products, just like Bernanke said, and contrary to what Paul said."</i>

Oh really?

How about food & beverage purchases? Fossil fuels like coal, firewood, nat gas or oil products?

This country can easily supply all of its own food (and then some) along with enough coal and firewood to heat every building that exists for centuries. We also produce 1/3 of our own oil consumption.

That said, why are commodity prices thru the roof? Why have fuel prices soared?

Weak dollar, driven by interest-rate cuts.

How are the fixed income dependants faring? You know them, the generation who actually saved money instead of squandered it. How are they feeling about rates going lower while prices at the store and in their monthly bill statements going higher?

.75pt cumulative cut, and where are stocks trading relative to prior those moves? Lower. How is the credit market? Same or worse.

FOMC and all its ilk are completely powerless. They can keep cutting rates until banks pay you to borrow money. It won't matter. Keep auguring the USD lower and consumer spending will halt. Then what is this U.S. economy based upon?

#39     Nov 8, 2007
  10. <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="

#40     Nov 8, 2007