Bernanke is right

Discussion in 'Economics' started by intradaybill, Dec 22, 2010.

1. zdreg

zdreg

Air is right. this is a metaphor using a plane.

from "bearice

12-07-10 06:10 AM

This reminds me of world economy.

There was an Alaskan airlines big plane flying at 31,000 feet. The vertical stabilizer on the tail of this plane was jammed. The pilots were having difficulty controlling the plane. Suddenly the plane started falling from the sky nose first and it fell some 8000 feet but the pilots managed to control the plane and save it.

But the pilots knew that there is some terrible/fatal problem with the plane and they kept flying the plane. They took the help of maintenance team on the ground. But even they could not solve the problem. The pilots tried to calm down the passengers saying "everything is under control and they will land at Los Angeles airport safely".

Now suddenly the vertical stabilizer on the tail of this plane broke away completely and disappeared and the plane started falling nose first and then it was completely inverted/upside down and kept falling and ultimately crashed into the sea/ocean killing everybody. It was a terrifying fall. You should have seen it. This plane was doomed right from the start when it started flying.

This reminds me of the world economy which is doomed but flying. The world economy went into an 8000 feet fall in year 2007 but the pilots (world leaders) managed to keep it flying by throwing/donating multi-trillion bail-outs. But there is a fatal problem with the economy. The world leaders try to calm the world saying everything in under control and world economy is safe (just as the pilots of the doomed plane said). But the world leaders know the world economy is doomed (same as pilots). The world leaders are taking help from everybody and everything they can but I think nobody can help (same as pilots).

Now the vertical stabilizer of the world economy (I do not know) will break away completely and the economy (plane) will crash."

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=211616&highlight=feet

http://snipurl.com/1pbqop

#41     Dec 23, 2010
  2. S2007S: I wish I could have said you did but you didn't, the one near me is selling product at the same price near you. Prices will probably be going higher as commodities continue to run higher especially good old oil nearing $91 a barrel!!!

A gallon of gas is cheap compared to a box of cereal. lol

#42     Dec 23, 2010
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

i have plenty, but youre not worth my time.

#43     Dec 23, 2010
  4. S2007S

S2007S

Cereal is more than $5.50 a box!!!!

Speaking of oil, highest its been in 2 years.

OIL
    91.43 +0.95 +1.05%

Regular near me is approaching $3.35 to as much as $3.50 in some stations.

#44     Dec 23, 2010
  5. Bob111

Bob111

#45     Dec 23, 2010
  6. zdreg

zdreg

Quote from zdreg:

thanks for your usual intelligent and incisive response. "don't twist too much in your knickers." it doesn't help your trading.
    by the way what did you find wrong with the question why japanese central bankers didn't succeed.
    I did receive 1 thoughtful reply. do u have one?

i have plenty, but youre not worth my time. from Tao
    ----------------------------------------------------
    someday u might learn to judge the relevance of the question not whether you like or respect the person who is asking the question.

your posts more than most reveal your character. your childish name calling reveals who u are. I don't deal with a person's character on a chat board.. if the content of your post has some intrinsic interest i may choose to respond it.

#46     Dec 23, 2010

7. Excellent response, Martinghoul. Obviously, those who are commenting about the benign, healthy nature of deflation or those who are denying it altogether have no eyes to see.

Oh we've got deflation alright and it's probably just getting started. The reinflationary bounce is flagging.

#47     Dec 23, 2010

8. It won't be the end of the world, but it sure is going to feel like it.

#48     Dec 23, 2010
  9. zdreg

zdreg

not one iota of evidence in your reply. be specific what do your eyes see in japan? words like obviously and no eyes to see are not facts.

#49     Dec 23, 2010
  10. Your superficial response ignores the fact that for the vast majority of the population, it ALREADY feels that way. Unless you are employed in a crony F.I.R.E. sector job, you're out on your own to fend with the realities of a post-credit bubble implosion. Sure, they are trying to quash the anger of the masses with prolonged stop gap measures, but it will never replace what once was.

Again, I want the inflationistas to spell out for us exactly where they want inflation. "Deflation" and "Inflation" are buzz words and purposely vague since we all know they co-exist simultaneously in a complex economy. Just what exactly do you believe should be inflated and which sector of the economy do you fear will deflate?

Further, how do you come to terms with the fact that much of inflation, by means of asset inflation in housing was clearly credit driven, unsustainable and completely detached from fundamentals.

#50     Dec 23, 2010