Best Exchange/ route for taking liquidity in NYSE

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by bellman, Dec 22, 2016.

1. bellman

bellman

I receive all rebates/charges from the ECN through my broker, and I have a general strategy that needs to aggressively enter stocks (mostly NYSE listed). Considering liquidity (up to say $20k per trade), spread, and rebates, what exchange route do you recommend?

Edit: Broker neutral routing/exchange suggestions, please.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

On Lightspeed Trader, we have some routes that go to equity market makers that have no ECN fee, but they are not for everyone. We can't put certain types of traders on it that they consider toxic order flow.

bellman likes this.
  3. bellman

bellman

I like Lightspeed. Former happy customer with you guys. But, I need broker neutral suggestions at this time.

4. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

You need a broker route to NITE.

5. Profitable ones? ;)

Occam, d08, Shadetree42 and 1 other person like this.
  6. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Scalper and pick offs are :caution: to them.

7. bellman

bellman

Yea, I would not qualify.

8. bellman

bellman

I will experiment with NITE and compare the results to removing liquidity from ARCA. In each case I will be sending limit orders across the NBBO.

9. Dustin

Dustin

10. bellman

bellman

I will check out your thread, but for the most part, I am wondering if IEX has an advantage for small trades that are removing liquidity. It is not as though these kinds of trades can be front run by HFT.

That said, for orders that are a little bit larger, IEX might just do the trick.

#10     Dec 23, 2016