Best low cost platform and/or broker for $5000 account...

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by brucepk, Jan 8, 2020.

1. brucepk

brucepk

... for trading forex, futures and cryptos? is there a plat/broker that handles all 3 of those markets? im looking for a user friendly VS highly complex that veteran trader may need...

i looked at tradestation and their inactivity fees would eat up my acct as i am very picky trading (waiting for slam dunks VS over trading just to be IN the market...). currently looking at tradovate, tradingview, ninja8 and meta5...
    thx all and prosperous trading

2. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

I can help with Spot FX and Futures. No Crypto.

gaussian and brucepk like this.
  3. Bum

Bum

Choose 1 of the 2 options for no inactivity fees.
    1-Keep $2,000 minimum balance.
    2-Trade MES or MNQ 5 times a year to meet minimum trades. Minimal commissions on micros.

***Forex choices are pretty limited in U.S.

tradestation.png

AKUMATOTENSHI, brucepk and comagnum like this.
  4. gaussian

gaussian

Unless you're talking crypto futures you'll be looking at a specialized crypto exchange for that. Just about the only place that offers spot forex is Oanda (for Americans) and apparently Optimus.

For futures you can go about anywhere. IB would cater to everything but crypto (I think their requirements for forex are nuts for Americans), and you can basically pick your futures broker if you go that route. I'm with Cannon, I've been with AMP, Optimus is another one. All of them are great. Pick one that offers a platform you want - most offer a ton of options.

I've had nothing but trouble with TradeStation. One of my first posts here was talking about how they wanted to charge me professional rates for having a non "free" email (@gmail, @yahoo, etc). On that note I wouldn't recommend them - however their platform was very nice.

brucepk likes this.
  5. brucepk

brucepk

Hi Matt,
    i sent you an email.... let me know what you think... thx.
    Bruce

MattZ likes this.
  6. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

ok, I will check and reply.
    Matt

7. Alby

Alby

Hi everyone! Has anyone tried trading with itrader.com I would be very grateful if you could share your experience

8. Hi Matt. Are you aware of any FCM's that do post-trade allocation? For example, if I traded same strategy on multiple accounts (personal or client), but place all trades only in one account, which then get evenly allocated to all accounts after all trades are cleared. I've heard this is possible for an extra fee per side.

9. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

What you need is a block account allocation and that is simple.
    Backoffice of the FCM will allocate it and you can see that on the portal as well.
    I would recommend ADMIS for that.

As far as cost, we would need to discuss that over the phone.
    If you do reasonable size, we will wave allocation fees.
    Feel free to PM or reach out via the phones below.

10. Thanks for the info. Can the trade(s) be executed using third party or custom API geared platforms, or does it have to go through theirs?

#10     Mar 23, 2020