Best production luxury car?

Discussion in 'Luxury and Lifestyle' started by bookish, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Well, I don't consider Lambo's and Ferrari's to be a production vehicle when they only make a thousand of each model a year.

Porsche might qualify, but I have never owned one. But I have owned Toyota's, Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Jeep, Chevrolet, Ford and BMW as well.

I still liked my 3 series though.

And it's been a long time since I was in high school.

#41     Aug 21, 2019
  2. Yes, the Queen drives one, but that is because she is the Queen and she promotes British products. It's a classic design but it's not very reliable as I recall.

I don't believe that car owner's brag about their Defender's the same way they brag about their Jeep Wrangler, Toyota 4Runner or Toyota Land Cruiser.

But, those cars never had Lara Croft either.

#42     Aug 21, 2019
  3. B M W - Bring My Wallet, I'm entitled to my opinion, and you are also. In my circle, BMW is overrated. They're good from far, far from good. Posers drive them wearing their raybans and hugo boss boxy suits. I don't like lambo or ferrari either. The only people i know that drive BMW 3 series are highschool girls. Friends daughters.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    #43     Aug 21, 2019
  4. I gotta agree with you, they are $$$ to maintain. But they are sports sedans, not family sedans. It was painful to get a new brake job, even the parts are $$$, because in order to get the original brake feel and stopping power, you have to buy the imported German parts.

Toyota's and Lexus are great to own, just add gas and oil. But they are not as fun to drive.
    We have neighborhoods in the Dallas area where high school kids get new Bimmers and other new cars to drive, but not where I live.

#44     Aug 21, 2019
    piezoe and viruscore1 like this.
  5. BMW................

Wanted Mercedes Benz...backwards
    BE MY WIFE
    Beautiful Masterpieces on Wheels
    Behold My Wealth
    Big Metallic Wang
    Born Moderately Wealthy
    Bought My Wife
    Bring Many Wrenches
    Built My Way
    Bowel Movement Wagon

and many more..........

#45     Aug 21, 2019
    vanzandt and viruscore1 like this.
  6. HongMeng

HongMeng

Looks like Jaguar Land Rover is closing down after it was purchased by TATA Motors.

Very bad business from those Indian businessmen and managers.

Jaguar and Land Rover cars, Jeeps and SUVs were a pride to own at one time.

#46     Aug 22, 2019
  7. Banjo

Banjo

#47     Aug 22, 2019
    piezoe and DallasCowboysFan like this.
  8. A few months ago, I had to get my car towed. During our conversation on the ride to my mechanic's garage, I asked the tow truck driver which brand of upscale automobile he found himself towing most frequently. His response? BMW.

#48     Aug 22, 2019
    DallasCowboysFan likes this.
  9. Money is no object

#49     Aug 22, 2019
  10. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

My BMW (2001 540i) gave no problems, no shop visits for 7 years.

My Audi A7 had a few but nothing major.

My wife’s Lexus hasn’t gone into the shop once in 7 years.

#50     Aug 23, 2019
    piezoe likes this.