Best Short Locate Service for HTB SPAC

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by gmark306, Jan 4, 2023.

1. gmark306

gmark306

Hey guys,

I'm in the market for a new broker that provides the best Short Locate Service for Hard To Borrow SPAC shares. Especially during the days when they are about to de-spac, all the inventory at IBKR Pro (my current broker) dries up.

I did some research and CenterPoint and Cobra seem to be two good candidates. I want to know if anyone recommends them or perhaps has a better brokerage that caters to SPAC HTB stocks specifically.

All help is appreciated.

PS: If you happen to have those platforms, try looking up inventory for $RNER, whoever has it, as of today 4th Jan, would be better IMO.

2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Have you looked into TradeZero? They advertise their short-selling locate service for HTB stocks here on ET all the time.

3. gmark306

gmark306

From what I've heard, TradeZero charges $30 for ticker changes and other corporate actions. SPACs have a lot of those and paying $30 for each corp action isn't fun. Unless they are absolutely the best in locating shares, I don't think it makes sense to switch.

4. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

im sure the pnl you earn from shorting will dwarf a 30 dollar fee.

Baron likes this.
  5. Tradezero charged 4 times multiples of overnight short but they changed back to 1 as I checked recently. They do not have api

6. gmark306

gmark306

I went with cobra to conclude this thread.

7. Why did you choose cobra? Over center point, ninja, guardian?

8. gmark306

gmark306

Ninja or guardian? Never heard of them, are they better?

9. zdreg

zdreg

What are you referring to? Can someone please explain?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2023
  10. RantaMin

RantaMin

When looking for a broker specializing in short locate services for hard-to-borrow (HTB) SPAC shares, consider factors like reputation, inventory availability, borrowing costs, trading tools/platform, and customer service. CenterPoint and Cobra are known brokers, but it's best to do your own research

#10     Jun 6, 2023