Biden Extends Pause on Student Loan Repayments 90 Days

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ajacobson, Dec 22, 2021.

1. ajacobson

ajacobson

2. Overnight

Overnight

I agree with the sentiment, but not the reality of it. This is just teaching kids that if you incur debt, you can defer it forever and never have to pay it back. I think this one is a mistake.

Now these kids will be less-incentivized to go get a fucking JOB, because they have become lazy bums sucking the teat of the dole.

Time for momma and papa to kick the birds out of the nest so they can fly.

Agraphia and ET180 like this.
  3. ipatent

ipatent

Is the interest still compounding while payments are deferred?

4. Agraphia

Agraphia

Biden surely thought this for students but we can’t also deny that we are a population of money-motivated people and not self-motivated at all. This would surely make students more reluctant to move out to look for a job and earn some bucks as they would have done if they had to repay the loan.

5. WardMoore

WardMoore

Yes, I agree that it may make students more motivated to work, but it can be complicated. The amount of homework students have is massive, and somethimes there is not enough time to do everything. It's good that nowadays there are so many educational resources like https://edubirdie.com/citation/harvard/ where you easily choose the citation style for your paper, and it will be cited automatically, which saves a lot of time. But still, for example, I don't have enough time for work, and it's good that I don't have a loan to repay; otherwise, I would have no idea what to do.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2022