Bitcoin "Freefall"

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by SunTrader, Dec 15, 2021.

1. johnarb

johnarb

Local wallets are designed to have many addresses and each address to contain small amounts

People who say "most addresses only hold small amounts 0.xx" do not understand concepts of inputs, outputs and change addresses

They also do not know about best practice of avoiding address re-use for safety and privacy of everyone (obfuscation of identities)

Every bitcoin wallet will generate a new address when you wish to receive bitcoins

Here's list of many addresses and balances of each address

I actually had a lot more small balance amounts addresses (due to change addresses), but my OCD wants to clear them out once in a while :D

upload_2021-12-15_17-53-47.png

#11     Dec 15, 2021
    Sprout, Baron and SunTrader like this.
  2. virtusa

virtusa

The discussion started with this Twitter post:

It gave a false impression about reality. Purpose is to find cannon meat that would buy BTC so that others can sell at higher prices. The Twitter post gave the illusion that buying BTC is a good thing. But buying is not always a good thing. Sometimes buying is even a bad thing, watch the huge drawdowns we already had.

I said that almost nobody ever realized the illusion that was created by the Twitter post. I proved that with numbers and data coming from BTC websites.
    I downloaded the available addresses to see at what date they were created. I have now 9899 addresses with a lot of information. From these 9899 addresses only 84 were created in 2009 or 2010. So that are the only ones that could theoretically do what the Twitter post insinuated. So 0.85% of the 9899 addresses might have done that. The 9899 addresses that I have represent more than 58% of all bitcoins and include all addresses bigger than +- 250 bitcoins. The average size of the millions of addresses that I don't have is 0.47612813 bitcoins. These small addresses are surely not the ones that started in 2010 because their value would in that case be much more than the value of 0.47612813 bitcoins.

Crypto pumpers now deviate the discussion to the number of addresses as they cannot proof my calculations are wrong. Johnarb is a pumper with a hidden agenda. He is liking hundreds of posts, just for the fact that these posts write positive about BTC. Many of these posts are of a mediocre level and Johnarb is most of the time the only one who likes these posts, which proof the poor quality or even the irrelevance of the post.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2021
    #12     Dec 16, 2021
    guest_trader_1 likes this.
  3. themickey

themickey

I can't shake off the similarities between crypto and gold.
    What drives both is glamour, hype, pumpers, hopium, illusion/delusion, cult followers.
    On top we hear stories of instant millionaires, but hidden beneath their dark surface are untold numbers of hodl losers too embarrassed to divulge their pain.
    Wtf is gold and crypto good for? Laundering.

#13     Dec 16, 2021
    KCalhoun likes this.
  4. We're gonna get a massive dotcom level wipeout in crypto that will set the stage for a massive boom. That's when I'm going to be buying. I don't think that wipeout is here yet, need more bagholders.

tbf stablecoins have potential, in that I agree with Chairman Prime Minister Overlord President Powell.

#14     Dec 16, 2021
    KCalhoun likes this.
  5. SunTrader

SunTrader

Complete utter nonsense.

Guess someone shouldn't buy eMini now because it was sub-$1000 back in 1997 or a S&P 500 index fund in the 80's when it was even lower.

The sky is falling. Pump and dump a load of chit.

#15     Dec 16, 2021
    johnarb likes this.
  6. johnarb

johnarb

Are banks and other financial institutions only good for glamour, hype, hopium, delusion and money laundering?

Because Bitcoin and cryptos ecosystems have dematerialized most of what banks, exchanges, and capital markets are good for

Bitcoin and cryptos ecosystems are doing so with lower costs, better yields, instant settlements and 24/7/365 and global scope for the cryptos participants

#16     Dec 16, 2021
    NoahA, nooby_mcnoob and Sprout like this.
  7. Sprout

Sprout

What are your thoughts on the metrics; NUPL, ASOL, aSOPR in comparison?

https://academy.glassnode.com/indicators/profit-loss-unrealized/net-unrealized-profit-loss

#17     Dec 16, 2021
    johnarb likes this.
  8. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Btc bs ends badly. If it loses 42k again timberrrr.... not a recommendation

This time next year I think it's 18-22k

And I still wouldn't touch it

#18     Dec 16, 2021
  9. Overnight

Overnight

That is an outrageous claim, considering the recently history of PA in BTC, but ALSO considering what has happened to the coin fundamentally, with more and more institutions utilizing it in their portfolios.

Remember, the more liquidity an instrument has, the less volatile it becomes. Extreme moves become a bit more tame.

How did you come up with that bottom target for a year from now?

#19     Dec 16, 2021
    johnarb likes this.
  10. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

It was there not too long ago.... look at 1year chart.... total bubble

I wish direxion or proshares had an inverse btc ETF.... gonna call them and ask

#20     Dec 16, 2021