Bottom fishing...Amazon

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Cabin111, Nov 1, 2022.

1. Cabin111

Cabin111

We picked up 100 shares (AMZN) at $96.09. My wife said to wait awhile before considering an option. So we wait...She has a good (great) mind, BS in business (personnel...Would be HR now), with a minor in Spanish.

My biggest concern is unionization...If and when it will happen.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2022
    murray t turtle likes this.
  2. Cabin111

Cabin111

3. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Big fan of AMZN, if I were an investor it's one of the companies (like UNH DIS AAPL etc) I'd buy, if it trends up after tomorrow's FOMC.... not a recommendation

4. Sekiyo

Sekiyo

Clubber Lang likes this.
  5. Cabin111

Cabin111

I don't know if that's true...I'm looking it up using my Worldcom account. No, it says here on Myspace that it's not correct...

Google and Amazon are so implanted in people's lives, I don't think they can be booted off. They remind me of Microsoft or Walmart...Almost like a utility.

Meta (Facebook) and Netflix I would not go into. I (just me) believe Google and Amazon are different...

Last edited: Nov 1, 2022
    Sekiyo likes this.
  6. maxinger

maxinger

Is it trying to go to 90 or 80 level?

7. Cabin111

Cabin111

Amazon didn't buy back stock/shares this quarter...Google did. I don't know if it's a red flag or not. If I were Amazon, now would be the time to consider doing it...

This is old...I don't know if it is still authorized. "The company (Amazon) also said the board authorized it to buy back up to $10 billion worth of shares."

8. The juggernaut is stumbling. Not a stock I would be buying just yet. Americans have less and less disposable income, doesn't look like that will be changing any time soon.

murray t turtle likes this.
  9. The real risk in the short and mid term is business holding off on more cloud computing investment. They are basically a money losing operation that is offset by a massively profitable cloud computing business. From 3rd quarter earnings:

Operating income decreased to $2.5 billion in the third quarter:
    North America segment operating loss was $0.4 billion
    International segment operating loss was $2.5 billion
    AWS segment operating income was $5.4 billion

Of course, could be a great opportunity if they can get the non-AWS business profitable again.

10. sbenson

sbenson

I'd rather buy and hold for at least a few years

#10     Nov 2, 2022