Bought Coca-Cola and Oracle today...Value investor

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Cabin111, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Cabin111

Cabin111

Putting it out there...Good or bad. I did a covered call on both.

Bought Coke (KO), 300 shares at $49.71...Did a "sell to open" for the Jan 22 $55. I got $2.60 ($780.) for it. Good dividend also.

Bought Oracle (ORCL) 200 shares at $57.31...Did a "sell to open" for the Jan 22 $65. I got $4.00 ($800.) for it.

Oracle is harder to evaluate...Almost out of my league on The Cloud and software. The last one I really invested in was Red Hat. Wish I had kept it...I usually make good investments, but I sell early (take those profits and run). I'm afraid they will implode like GE, GM (2008) did to me over the years...

murray t turtle and guru like this.
  2. Handle123

Handle123

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
  3. Cabin111

Cabin111

Tell it to Warren!!

With the markets reaching all time highs (good quality stocks, during the pandemic)...WHERE IS VALUE?? Walmart?? McDonalds?? Boeing??

PS...Who drinks Tab anymore?? A great move by Coke. Yeah, you want market space...But at what cost??

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
  4. Big AAPL

Big AAPL

Although I agree with you. investors may see it as another line of revenue that dried up. I think in the end it is a good move as it is dead wood.

5. Value investor is just another name for someone who buys things that don't go up.

cesfx, Handle123 and wiesman02 like this.
  6. Cabin111

Cabin111

Think ADM...That's me!!

7. I hope it didn't take 2 years to break even, Mr. Adam. Value methods require longer timeframes, etc etc

Nobert likes this.
  8. Handle123

Handle123

Value to me is like buying UCO, made H&S bottom, crude oil will eventually be going up more.

9. Poljot

Poljot

Good call on UCO: reverse H&S, I'd rather wait for confirmation.
    Not sure about the fundamentals of demand, though.

KO - I do not share bearish view, as there has formed an ascending triangle looking for a BO above 51,50.
    Oracle - agree, it has just broken through support with a big gap.

I always thought value investing was buying low P/E beaten down names and waiting...

10. Cabin111

Cabin111

I always thought value investing was buying low P/E beaten down names and waiting...

I agree...But things have changed. I wouldn't touch airlines, motels, entertainment in this economy. I already have oil; BP, Exxon, Chevron, PEO...Up to my ears in oil. Money is moving into the US economy from other countries. Also pension funds need to find investments. 0% interest is forcing people to look under any rock they can find.

If inflation rises above 2%, I think the Fed will act and raise rates. But a this moment value has been eaten up. CD money has to go somewhere...Why not Coke??

#10     Oct 27, 2020