BREAKING NEWS: Karl Rove Indicted!!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by K-Rock, May 13, 2006.

1. K-Rock

K-Rock

The Rove Watch Continues
    It's been widely reported, including here, that indicting Karl Rove is on Patrick Fitzgerald's to do list for this week. I guess Fitzgerald is running a bit behind today because nothing has happened yet. Over at Salon Tim Grieve at the War Room sniffed around and found no news, so he contacted truthout.org, the original source for the story, and found them cranky but defiant. They're sticking with their story that Rove will be indicted very soon, although they neglected to specify which day. Truthout's Marc Ash told Grieve, "we're all stuck waiting here. Grab some coffee."

Supposedly, Fitzgerald works according to a pattern that begins with a notification of the Attorney General and ends with an announcement a week later. Just like in the Libby case, last Friday Alberto Gonzales was brought before the grand jury and formally notified of the jury's intent to bring charges against Rove. I don't know who's keeping tabs on Gonzales' appointment calendar, but that's the report.

For its part, truthout. org says, "We have been contacted by at least three reporters from mainstream media - network level organizations - who shared with us off-the-record confirmation and moral support. When we asked why they were not going public with this information, in each case they expressed frustration with superiors who would not allow it."

So we wait. Something's bound to happen eventually.

http://onewaystreet.typepad.com/one_way_street/2006/05/the_rove_watch_.html

#51     May 19, 2006
  2. Maybe... the fix is in.

bt

#52     May 20, 2006
  3. TGregg

TGregg

The widespread liberal hysteria continues, despite being wrong once, then wrong again.

#53     May 20, 2006
  4. Your continued use of the words widespread and hysteria render them meaningless.....

#54     May 20, 2006
  5. K-Rock

K-Rock

Did Gonzales Kill Fitz's Rove Indictments?
    by JiggyFlunknut
    Sun May 21, 2006 at 03:40:51 PM PDT
    Last Friday, Judge Reggie Walton, the presiding judge in the Libby trial, deliberated over a case titled "SEALED v. SEALED." There is growing speculation that sealed v. sealed is Fitzgerald v. Gonzales' Deputy, Paul McNulty (Fitzgerald's direct superior).

JiggyFlunknut's diary :: ::
    The Wayne Madsen Report and the Chris Matthews Show have both floated the theory that Fitzgerald had secured indictments against Rove, but Gonzales --via McNulty-- came in at the last second and used his power as Fitzgerald's superior to kill the indictments.

IF, this theory is true, Fitzgerald would have likely challenged McNulty's decision in court, pointing to an earlier administrative directive from then acting Attorney General James Comey that gave Fitzerald the "authority of the Attorney General." Comey is long gone, however, and was replaced by McNulty. The question then becomes what, if any, value does Comey's administrative directive have today.

One unfortunate realty of this scenario is that if the judge sides with McNulty, we will never know what really happened, because it will remained sealed. Which, is one explanation about why Rove is acting so smug these days and why the White House has not pulled back his public schedule.

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2006/5/21/184052/881

#55     May 21, 2006
  6. jem

jem

5/20/06

8:15 while I was watching the Mets vs. Yankees I recieved a text message from two seperate well placed sources

My crack team of behind the scenes leakers have revealed the parties in the secret case. people vs. William J. Clinton and Hillary B. Clinton. Developing.

#56     May 21, 2006
  7. Ricter

Ricter

You just did it again. Pull your head out of last decade's history.

#57     May 22, 2006
  8. jem

jem

Dude would it have helped you realize the point I was making about internet sourcing --- if I had put Rep Pelosi's and Sen. Reed's names in the there instead of Clinton's.

#58     May 22, 2006
  9. i should note that truthout has issued a "nonretraction retraction"

it's almost as amusingly ridiculous as CBS news' nonretraction retraction

they couldn't simply say "we were wrong"

nope. being an ideologue means NEVER having to admit you are wrong. as people like zzz show so well

#59     May 22, 2006
  10. Yes, I know quite well by observing folks like you...

#60     May 22, 2006