Bright trading and any thoughts

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by tango29, Mar 17, 2008.

1. See that Don. You're just being greedy. Come on, you've got plenty. Karl Marxercise Bright Trading.

Say, I don't work for you , but I'll PM you my address. How about dropping me a few bucks from time to time?

#11     Mar 17, 2008
  2. The most honest guys in the bunch of companies offering prop trading services!

Bob is the key, and whenever he speaks, its well worth listening to. Don is the most active in public and is equally worth listening to. Combined, their experience has handled both small and very, very large traders, groups of traders and entire hedge funds.

The opportunity to branch out is there, but must be persued. The opportunity to meet traders as they come and go in their business life cycle is there too. Remember, not everyone is as committed as those that succeed. Not everyone is committed to sharing their success without some renumeration either. The Brights' make the environment for these two essential factors to find a happy medium.

Hope this honest review helps. Those guys are the real deal.

#12     Mar 17, 2008
  3. paden

paden

Trying to type without sounding confrontational, but am not capable...

I am considering going prop, and from the outside, I couldn't imagine being a prop trader, being low volume, and making good money. It would seem to be a non-issue.

Unless your definition of low volume is different than mine, of course.

Also, if Bright gives the amount of leverage I have heard quoted, I wouldn't be able to refrain from high volume. Trading with $1M would seem to encourage at least moderate volume.

#13     Mar 17, 2008
  4. Aok

Aok

If there is such a thing in this business, then Don is one of the more ethical fellows you'll meet. He wont sugarcoat it which I like.

Though I dont have an account there, Im thinking about it. Commish is a little high, but other than that I expect Bright to be around for along time.

#14     Mar 17, 2008
  5. if bright could stop requiring series 7 & maybe lower their comm to reasonable levels, he would have guys standing in line outside his door to trade. but that will never happen. still a good firm to trade with.. don is a standup guy in this business.

#15     Mar 17, 2008
  6. These days I'd be more worried about GOLDMAN going under than Bright... :eek: :eek: :eek:

#16     Mar 17, 2008

7. what is a "registered trader"?

isn't that what being licensed is?, or is there some other sugar coated, over dressed customer account relationship, that someone has midled you with the notion that you're registered?

understand what the recent SEC actions againt these sub-LLC's means? basically they misled and did not comply with both the licensing requirements and net capital requirements, hence all those caught in that category were pretty much in violation (had they been more active than 4 trades within 5 business days) of the PDT ruling.

some things require going all the way or not going at all, and this is one of them. the protections of the law, and understanding what it means to be a level two or class B partner in the firm enabled one to use the leverage that Bright provides, otherwise there is no business or capital relationship, hence no leverage....

hopefully that makes it simple in basic terms....

#17     Mar 17, 2008
  8. stereo70

stereo70

They're Bright's prime broker.

#18     Mar 17, 2008
  9. limitdown.. no offense, enough with all the technical stuff on here, this is about bright trading only. a good firm for some. they are structured properly as all traders know. let's keep it simple.

#19     Mar 17, 2008
  10. Hello....Bright Trading....yeah no fucking shit. that's who I called.

Listen... INCA is down ...I have orders stuck.

One moment please.

(musak...musak ...musaK)

Hello...this is Eddie Franco....

Eddie God Dammit INCA is down and I have orders everywhere.

Well my plan is to be coming around to all the places to upgrade the system in the next several months.
    =============================

I shit you not.

#20     Mar 17, 2008