Bright trading and any thoughts

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by tango29, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Don is like a money-printing machine. check out opening orders thread.

#281     Sep 1, 2008
  2. GGSAE

GGSAE

Haircuts are for overnights, intraday it doesn't matter and yes it's calculated each day so you'd be paying for the days on weekends...it all depends on the traders, there's many times it makes a lot of sense to hold much capital over weekends...saying someone has zero brains is a pretty stupid thing to say.

#282     Sep 2, 2008
  3. OK, my head is still a little sore from surgery, but I'll try to insert some answers below:

Hope that helps,

Don

#283     Sep 2, 2008
  4. GGSAE and Don, thanks for your replies.

GGSAE - wasn't trying to offend or anything - just at 20 or 30:1, a big move in the wrong direction can wipe out an account. My first rule is to not do that. I'm not ready for that level of risk yet, so I won't take it. When I'm better / more confident in the expected outcome, I'll be glad to.

Don - yes, it helps. Expect a call.

Thanks

#284     Sep 2, 2008
  5. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

Don is about 28 years old but looks 35. that said,he is a nice guy. i may join his firm if and when he opens an office in arkansas.

#285     Sep 2, 2008

6. :D

Don

#286     Sep 3, 2008
  7. wow don is only 28 years old? That's much younger than i expected!

Don, does the 3day and 2 week boot camp only happen once a year? If a new trader is looking to join, do they need to wait until the schedule time to take the training before able to fund the account and start? thanks

#287     Sep 3, 2008
  8. LOL, well I couldn't be this smart at 28, so I'll settle for 58, LOL.

The whole training process happens 4 times per year. Once per quarter. More info: www.stocktrading.com/training.html

Don

#288     Sep 3, 2008
  9. GGSAE

GGSAE

I wasn't offended, it was just a point to emphasize that you can't make such blanket statments about other trader's style...I did in fact hold 20:1 or more on a regular basis when i had a smaller account starting out but I wouldn't do that now for a number of reasons...

#289     Sep 4, 2008