Bright trading and any thoughts

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by tango29, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Don,

Is there any way I can place $20k - $25k with you and take an online training coarse from you that covers the techniques/strategies, policies & procedures and the software system that remote traders use?

I would love to begin trading with you if only I can bypass the need to the 3 day and 2-4 week onsite training. I believe the training is needed and beneficial; however, if I can do it remotely, then join up as a remote trader, I would be most appreciative.

Walt

#41     Mar 18, 2008
  2. The software setup is no problem, we have online tutorials for that. But you would have to come class here in Vegas. I suggest taking the 3 day, then make a decision...one step at a time, this is hopefully a long term career for you, no rush.

Don

#42     Mar 18, 2008

3. meanwhile "jones 247" is getting pm'ed by competitors. i would set up an online "youtube" course don. just my humble opinion.

#43     Mar 18, 2008
  4. I appreciate the input, but I'm not too worried. What we teach changes somewhat from class to class, and we have quite a bit of inter-action from my brother and I (and our top people)...makes for a good starting point. Training never really stops IMO, just like "continuing education" for Doctors etc. A lot of that is online.

Don

#44     Mar 18, 2008
  5. clooch

clooch

What are some of the initial costs that can be expected for the training, licensing, and whatever else is necessary before becoming a Bright prop trader?

Also. what time constraints can be expected. For training? and how long to become licensed and set up to trade.

Basically what I am asking is... How much will it cost and how long will it take before my first trade is placed as a Bright prop trader.

Thank you in advance

#45     Mar 18, 2008
  6. There are variables involved. To get registered with FINRA, pay all the dues etc., and pay for your exam isa bout $800+-. Basic school is $1,000, boot camp is $1500. It generally takes about 2-3 weeks to process the paperwork so you can schedule your exam.

Of course it depends on the trader how quickly he accomplishes all this. Some choose the "one step at a time " approach. Come to the 3 day class, register, study for exam, come back for next boo camp. We do the whole process 4 times per year. Some prepare for the exam ahead of time, and can accomplish everything in a month.

Don

#46     Mar 18, 2008
  7. stereo70

stereo70

...or grammarians, salesmen, etc.

#47     Mar 18, 2008
  8. (hand slaps to the forehead) Oh brother...

#48     Mar 18, 2008
  9. MVP

MVP

Yes I was once a trader at Bright. I made money because I learned how to trade by personal perseverance. I was not suited for the strategies which were taught by Bright. I have been day trading profitably for 10 years.

Don exists to make money for his firm. He is perhaps one of the best trader recruiters of all time. Their boot camp is a profit center. If you are a newbie and need some hand holding and not necessarily able to figure the basics out for yourself, then you should consider Bright.

#49     Mar 20, 2008
  10. Out of curiosity, if a trader moves to Vegas does he still have to take those classes if they show you 2 years of trading records with zero losing months?

#50     Mar 20, 2008