Bright Trading's new payout model

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Maverick74, Jul 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rwk

rwk

Actually, I didn't know that ... my bad.:cool:

#51     Jul 30, 2010
  2. CQNC

CQNC

so what.

#52     Jul 30, 2010
  3. He is Ben Bernanke?:eek:

#53     Jul 30, 2010
  4. nbates

nbates

..first $25k for PDT and now this, don't ya' love how we all are being "protected", lol...and yes, protected is a "four letter word" in the Trader Dictionary :)

#54     Jul 30, 2010
  5. If a trader has outside accounts, he needs to have those statements automatically sent to his sponsored firm.
    Now, most guys with 20K at one of these prop firms are not going to be able to manipulate any markets with this amt., so it's kind of crazy that this is a requirement. Maybe if you have 100K or up but not 20K or less.

#55     Jul 31, 2010
  6. Don, with so many pair traders at your firm and all the overnight paired postions you guys carry, what clearing firms would you consider? since several clearing firms do not offer the overnight leverage GSEC and Merrill can offer.

#56     Jul 31, 2010
  7. Jury is still out on your first note, and we are accepting younger traders who qualify with as little as $10K.

Don

#57     Aug 2, 2010
  8. Actually the concern is form the other direction...the so called "Trust Fund Baby" potential. If you grandparents left you $5million, but only a small allowance could be taken, but they let you handle the stock positions...one "could" trade obscure stocks and move them to a prop account for cash.

Don

#58     Aug 2, 2010
  9. We rarely need use the Clearing firm's "leverage" - we stay pretty much even.

We need good back office and short stock lists primarily. We have tried other Firm's - but never left SLK/GS - but, as I said previously, we are always exploring our options.

Don

#59     Aug 2, 2010
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

Actually that is not the concern. Don you should walk over to your compliance dept and get to know them a little better. LOL. The issue is AML policy which I know your firm must enforce strictly as we do as well.

The issue is with having the ability to launder money from one account to another or possibly even launder the money out of the country without a trace. In fact there was recently a case where exactly this was done through two FCM's where over 7 figures was transferred from an account in the US to Russia.

#60     Aug 2, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.