Broker and trading station

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Fonz, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Fonz

Fonz

Hi guys,

I am looking for a future broker with these specs:
    - US based
    - Server-side bracket orders (like DMA for futures, no smart routing)
    - Low margin requirement for intra-day trading
    - Reasonably priced for their services
    - LLC and partnership accounts
    - Phone app, just to cancel orders in case of internet or power outage.

I am also looking for a trading station, which could be broker free, with this specs:
    - Price range charts
    - Tick range charts
    - Import or creation of indicators
    - DOM
    - Fast, to take advantage of server-side orders
    - Exports for trading logs (Excel is best)
    - And in addition, keyboard trading, chart trading and enhanced DOM (volume), would be even better.

So far I use:
    1. Tradestation: They almost have everything, except server-side bracket orders (bad for day trading and scalping) and their "low margin" for day trading is never right (have to call the desk over and over for this "option")
    2. IB + Multicharts: Since Multicharts do not offer price and tick range charts, I use them for other trading activities.

Thank you for you advice

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Hi Fonz,

We offer Realtick (RT) and CQG QTrader/Desktop. I know for sure that RT conditional orders are server side and expect CQG are too. Our commissions start at $0.60/future + pass-through of software, NFA and exchange clearing. I'm not sure if RT has a phone app but CQG does. With accounts starting at $25,000, we offer either 25%, 50% or 100% of SPAN margin for day trading. For information email me. My email is below.
    https://www.cqg.com/products
    https://www.lightspeed.com/trading-platforms/realtick-pro-and-express/realtick-platform-features/
    Yes, we can do corporate accounts and IRAs. We use Wedbush futures-A US-based FCM.

3. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

We can hook up your Multicharts through CQG or Rithmic, and provide the server side bracket.
    Also, we can enable the credentials to work on the native application of the data providers, and they could be used for your Excel programming. For example, Rithmic has excellent ability to incorporate with Excel.

4. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

MC does have price and tick range charts... I use them every day. CQG dom has brackets through R.J. O'Brien.

5. NinjaTrader_Ray

NinjaTrader_Ray ET Sponsor

6. Fonz

Fonz

Multicharts does not offer any range charts, price or tick based. The closest "range chart" may be kagi or renko. They offer tick by tick time based charts.
    Anyway, thank you Mark.

7. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

anyway i guess you do not understand that "range bars" in tradestation is the same as "point bars" in multicharts.

in tradestation a 1 point range bar of @es is the same exact thing as a 4 point bar in multicharts your welcomed...

where tradestation uses the whole point to make range bars multicharts uses the trade tick size to build the same bar.

another example so you fully understand is @rty in ts is still 1 point range bar = 10 tick trades = 1 point in multicharts.

another example 5 point range bar in ts for @es would be 20 point bar in mc because there are 4 points(ticks) in each point 4(ticks)x5(points)=20.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
    MattZ likes this.
  8. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

[​IMG]

MattZ likes this.
  9. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

CQG DOM is universal across all FCMs that support it.

Thank you for pointing out the point and range on MC.

MarkBrown likes this.
  10. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

#10     Jun 23, 2019