Brokers offering Futures (CFD) on metals

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by Caesares, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Caesares

Caesares

Hi Guys,

I am looking for brokers offering futures (CFD) on metals (gold, silver...). I know that Admiral Markets and AXI offer it, but can't open an account with them.

Thanks in advance :)

2. Atikon

Atikon

US? You gotta go Offshore, otherwise Ig Markets or IB offer CFDs

3. Caesares

Caesares

Canada. I'd like to try some ideas on a smaller account and higher leverage before going with IB (or IG). Admiral Markets and AXI are ASIC and FCA regulated, but I don't mind offshore broker.
    Thank you for your reply.

4. El Trado

El Trado

Oanda has gold, copper, wti, brent and so forth.

5. Atikon

Atikon

Watch out with offshore, cfd broker got heavily regulated in the eu bc they were betting against b clients (the ones that lost money more often than not) and blew up. +500 almost blew up bc too many ppl did well during the pandemic (issued earnings warning etc.)

6. Caesares

Caesares

Hi,
    Are these products spot or futures?
    Thanks

7. Caesares

Caesares

Thank you :)

8. El Trado

El Trado

They are CFDs. They are as far as I can tell a hybrid. The prices reflect mostly the spot-prices, and there are no changes in prices due to contract rollovers.

However, as Oanda hedge their positions in the future markets, if their clients position isn't neutral, the financing charges will reflect a possible difference from the futures contracts.

At Tradeview you can compare Oanda's prices with the futures markets if you want, and see how they might differ.

9. Caesares

Caesares

I've seen on Tradeview XAUUSD for Oanda and price is spot gold. I am looking for gold futures (GC) as an underlying asset for CFD. I can't edit my first post anymore to clarify that I am not looking for gold spot which is offered by every forex brokers.
    Thank you

10. El Trado

El Trado

How would that work? I am no futures expert, but as far as I know, the difference between the spot price and the futures price is the time element.

A CFD do not roll over as a futures contract do? So are you looking for a CFD that mimics the August Gold Futures contract, and a different one that mimics the September futures and so forth?

#10     Jul 12, 2020