¿brokers' policies for options on expiration date?

Discussion in 'Options' started by rtw, Oct 3, 2021.

1. rtw

rtw

good day to everyone,

interactive brokers keeps making their policies for options on the date they expire ever more restrictive. it is impossible to buy out of the money options after 13:00 e.u.s and in the money options are impossible to trade at all on the date they expire.

i imagine there must be other brokers who have better conditions.

¿does anyone have recommendations of solid brokers which allow trading options on expiration date as close to the end of the session as possible?

very well, thanks, regards.

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

It is up to our risk group if they let you hold ITM options after 3:30pm et if you not have assets to cover the position overnight. It is not automated. It is possible.

3. rtw

rtw

Bob,

thanks.

but no, i have no intentions of holding in the money instruments into expiration. i will always liquidate everything between 15:30 and 15:450.

however, the limitations by interactive brokers are becoming ever more ridiculous for options on expiration date

4. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

I understood that. Give me a call if you want or email me directly.

5. Atikon

Atikon

I heard it depends on your broker. Does IB only exercise up to 30 min after market close?

6. ajacobson

ajacobson

Have enough assets in your account so you're not speculating with their money on exercise. Otherwise think of the business decision they're making.