Buffett's Partner: 'It's Over' for U.S. Economy

Discussion in 'Economics' started by WallStWhizKid, Feb 22, 2010.

1. I had never considered such a possibility, but this is a very likely scenario. In fact, if our economy collapses and social chaos ensues, martial law and military dictatorship is a real possibility.

#31     Feb 22, 2010
  2. LOL. you will be the first one to scream in pain if that happens. :cool:

#32     Feb 22, 2010
  3. "he has written $37.1 billion worth of puts on four stock markets, he has sold SP500 puts (US market), FTSE 100 (UK market), Nikkei 225 (Japanese market), and the Euro Stoxx 50. Some of the contracts come due in 15 years and others in 20 years. They are all European style, they cannot be exercised before expiration. The reckoning is when they expire."=2022 and 2027.

http://tradenakedoptions.com/2009/03/warren-buffets-option-trade/

#33     Feb 23, 2010
  4. We need a skilled leader with a proven track record. We should demand that Congress ammend the Constitution to allow Bill Clinton to become President again. I never voted for him, but would stand in line to do so if he could run again. Clinton built a great economy with surpluses. Just the prospect of him coming back would turn things around. Like that Phil Collins song, "Hey Superman where are you now?"

Rennick out:cool:

#34     Feb 23, 2010
  5. To keep the labor cost in check, a healthy economy should have an unemployment rate of 10% to 20%.

If you have a very low unemployment rate, those mf will form unions and gang up against employers and demand the best health insurance, dental insurance, child care benefits, retirement benefits, sick leave, pregnancy leave, paid holidays, free coffee, long lunch hours, disability benefits, etc. This is exactly how US economy lost its competitiveness against other countries, and this is why GM, Ford, Chrysler had lower producitivity than Japanese car companies.

Think about pre-World War II time, women and blacks seldom worked. If we counted women and blacks as unemployed, we would have 50% unemployment rate in those years. However, US economy was booming at a rate faster than any other country on the planet, for decades of years.

#35     Feb 23, 2010
  6. You have mistaken correlation for causation.

That ugly Irish face knew nothing about economy, only fat women's puzzies.

A president happens to be in the oval office during a particular phase of the cycle of the economy. He is not the cause.

When you blow your nose and Dow goes up, do you think you cause it?

That comes back to my point in other posts: you Americans are simply too stupid to understant what is going on.

I cannot spend all my time educating you idiots, can I?

#36     Feb 23, 2010

7. I agree that Clinton did a great job. It is no coincidence that when Clinton raised taxes and cut wasteful government spending from the previous 12 years, the private sector economy took off. And it is no coincidence that once Clinton left and taxes were cut and wasteful spending resumed, a bubble was created that burst and wrecked the economy.

#37     Feb 23, 2010
  8. maxpi

maxpi

Berzerkshire has a problem with their puts, pessimism is the greatest at the bottom, etc.... it's all krap, all commentary is pure bullshit and almost never will you make any money reading commentary, just almost never...

#38     Feb 23, 2010
  9. It's not "could" have - he and Shelby *did* stop the bailout train. It took all of 2 addresses to the media - the general public was extremely upset and willing to listen to what they were saying.

Then they backed off, so it could pass and they could vote against it.

Politics at its finest.

#39     Feb 23, 2010
  10. Romney was pro gun control,pro choice, and pro Obama style health care...now he's not.That reminds of a car salesman

#40     Feb 23, 2010