Buffett's Partner: 'It's Over' for U.S. Economy

Discussion in 'Economics' started by WallStWhizKid, Feb 22, 2010.

1. I respect Ron Paul,but what could he do with a Democratic and Republican Congress ?

If Obama is having problems with with 40 Republicans against him,what can Paul do with 100 Senators against him ?

#41     Feb 23, 2010
  2. Buffet and Munger are brilliant politicians that have pandered their brand of investment as religion. Religion is powerful stuff but based on faith. When I listen to their pollyanna message over and over again I just think why are they so willing to share their investment strategy if not to further their own means or is it philanthropic. Boom bust cycles go back centuries if not millenia. Yeah we need good leadership. Yes a strong domestic energy policy is important. But really is Wall Street the demise of the US? Why not involve WS in development of energy and the downsizing of .gov. Make use of the profit hungry machine and sick the machine on real problems by incentivization.

#42     Feb 23, 2010
  3. morganist

morganist Guest

good story to explain it. but he gives no solution.

#43     Feb 23, 2010
  4. You seem to be trying to but you are failing like a retard. LOL

#44     Feb 23, 2010
  5. Peter Schiff 2012 :D

#45     Feb 23, 2010
  6. If the mindset of voters stays the same, Paul can't be elected. If the mindset of voters changes so that Paul COULD be elected, there would be a huge cleaning out of the CONgress as well.

Americans have to decide... do we want Marx or Madison? Not only for ourselves but also for our children.

A Chavez style of government awaits us if we continue on our current path.

#46     Feb 23, 2010
  7. Humpy

Humpy

People soon tire of the top guys

The Soviet Empire lasted about 70 years
    The British Empire lasted about 100 years

The American Empire has a few more years to run ************

Take a look around you - are those over weight fatties going to run the world ? - probably not for much longer.

The US economic and political systems are way past their " use by " date

You were TOP guys but you've blown it and so not for much longer.

Hasta La Vista

#47     Feb 23, 2010
  8. .

February 23, 2010

SouthAmerica: I agree 100 percent with Buffet's partner: It's over for the U.S. economy.

For you to understand why I would recommend that the members of this forum (from any political party or ideology) get the following book, because the author gives an outstanding explanation and detail information about what happened in the US financial markets that ended up in a global financial meltdown.

After reading this book you will have a much better understanding about what is going on with the US economy today, how we got to this point and the massive trouble that lies ahead of us.

Book: “It Takes a Pillage” by Nomi Prins
    (Published in October 2009 by John Wiley & Sons Inc.)

Yes, the party is over and the future of the US economy can be summarized in one word: “Titanic”

Or if you can’t grasp what I am saying then I give you another clue about the future of the US economic system: Soviet Union.

We all know what happened to the Soviet Union….

By the way, I still have the second half of the book to read, but what I read so far if Americans were aware of all the financial scams that Hank Paulson was involved as Treasury Secretary then the American people would demand that this scam artist have the same end as Saddam Hussein - a national television prime time hanging is what this guy deserves and nothing less.

The scam artist actions that Hank Paulson took as Treasury Secretary during the US financial meltdown makes Bernie Madoff look like an amateur...

#48     Feb 23, 2010
  9. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

USA will not end as Soviet Union, they are in Iraq & Afghan already. They won't leave, Iran is quite possibly next. Their air defense system (the web) is not to protect, but to attack. The more USA slips into economic slump, the more evident it will be. There will be more "threats" to fight off. Time will tell. Hitler went back on Versaille treaty to protect Germany from the Communists, also were in depressive economy, their actions kept being ignored by other Western countries. Sounds familiar.

#49     Feb 23, 2010
  10. USA army should takeover USA administration. Politicians are useless and they have failed America.

#50     Feb 23, 2010