Bull and bear flags on finviz

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Lord Darkseid, Apr 14, 2023.

1. What settings on Finviz would ya'll recommend for the stocks that move up or down the most in a bull or bear flag pattern?

2. easymon1

easymon1

3. Dogpile is a search engine not a scanner.

4. easymon1

easymon1

Can't get nuthin' by you. You'll go far.

5. GotherL

GotherL

Identify them yourself. There isn't any reliable software that can do it as far as I know.

Lord Darkseid likes this.
  6. I believe Trading View is reliable and has many reliable indicators but I could be wrong about them.

7. These settings are about the best I can come up with using Finviz:

Performance = Month +30%
    Performance 2 = Week down
    20-Day Simple Moving Average - SMA20 above SMA50
    50-Day Simple Moving Average = Price above SMA50
    Price = Over $5
    Current colume = Over 300K

I am working on a scanner for Bull Flags currently which will be available in a new web platform I have been coding, called stockvote.io - hope to launch very soon, maybe in 1 week. It is inspired by the power of collective wisdom and the desire to create a supportive community for swing traders, users will be able to actively vote on stocks which look good for a swing trade, and the daily reordering will ensure that the highest-voted stocks accurately represent the community's sentiment for the current trading day.

I will be adding scanner also, one of which will be a bull flag, but I want to get that scanner as good as possible so I am taking my time to test.