By day trading, is it really impossible to get a 3% return every day without fail?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Sotnis, Dec 22, 2015.

1. no doubt, debit. The funny thing is these returns only seem to exist on elite trader--- wonder why??

#21     Dec 22, 2015
  2. achilles28

achilles28

Trading isn't a 9 to 5 job. You don't punch a card and collect a paycheck.

Institutional HFT shops do ring the register everyday, but that's totally outside retailer space.

Individual, discretionary traders are mostly trend-followers. Typically, even with intraday trading, they'll have a few down days followed by one BIG up day. This is normal. 3% "Everyday" is basically unheard of.

#22     Dec 22, 2015
    d08 likes this.
  3. I have never seen it done for 3%, but for 0.001% I have seen it done, with
    30% win rate. 1000s of trades each day. Profitable every single day he traded.
    A guy who had been scalping for decades; his method had limits : the return rates.

Now, as you are pointing out very correctly : the big issues is the one of
    losing trades, and the issues of drawdowns. In this gig, whichever trader can
    manage the risks well is certain to have a very specific ability : this is what
    would make it possible.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
    #23     Dec 23, 2015
  4. Because they want publicity?

#24     Dec 23, 2015
  5. I think we urgently need to start up a support group for pathetic, depressed, unsuccessful traders.
    If people post here years in a row over and over again that it is impossible to make x%, based on their own experience, they need professional help to kick off from their trading addiction. They should forget about trading and continue their life. They are losers when it is about trading, but maybe they have other positive qualifications. You never know...

#25     Dec 23, 2015
    dartmus likes this.
  6. They have everything here on ET to become successful in trading.

1) The Dhamma is one key; works well when it is preceded by certain type of "self-reflexions".
    But the Dhamma.org itself does already some wonders, to make people discover that they have
    a "subconscious" that needs to be worked on. This subconscious is what makes people fail,
    even when their conscious want them to succeed
    To any trader who is not doing well : www.dhamma.org : 10 days
    Just from there, you will realise that your losses over a year will be significantly reduced.

The rest of the spirituality/psychology methods, I leave it , as it is only suitable for those who
    have already done this 10 days dhamma.org and it needs to be taylored.
    Let's precise that people do not change religion when doing this 10-days "mind training".
    If one persons has done their 10 days Dhamma.org once, and their trading losses in a year are higher than the preceding years, I will walk the talk and offer to coach them one to one directly. PM an email.,
    and get a journal opened for transparency.

There are methods that work. Up to people to try them.

#26     Dec 23, 2015
  7. Q3D

Q3D

I want to join, will you be the group leader?

#27     Dec 23, 2015
  8. Q3D: I have to applaud you for your honesty.

#28     Dec 23, 2015
  9. Q3D

Q3D

It's not clear that "the money will be there" even for those who do achieve "success" at day trading. Take Al Brooks for example, he claims to be a master day trader, but I am not sure that the "income of your dreams from trading" he writes of is made through trading rather than trading education or small trading profits combined with multiple sustainable sources of income such as trading education.

#29     Dec 23, 2015
  10. You have to know that people twist things, "arrange the realities" to make themselves look good.
    Al Brooks : did you read his books, demo practiced his method with his live commentary for at least one year, and done his courses ( I think he was selling some classes) ? Now, you should have then asked
    him copious questions on his way of trading, and made up your mind during this one year.
    if you did not ask him copious questions on how he trades, then ask yourself why you did not.

As a disclaimer I don't trade Al Brooks way. I did pop in his forum as I was curious about what the fuzz was about. I was advised his book here in a pm. I was asked to make his book easy to understand. But seriously, I did not need any new "tech" approach to trading, so I lost interests. Add to that, that I had others serious matters to resolve.

#30     Dec 23, 2015