Bye bye, everybody!

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by thecoder, Dec 9, 2021.

1. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I don't know which banned member you're referring to but after you banned the member...
    • Did his racist posts remain considering there was "no trading talk" ???
    Also, what about the racist members that only post in a way to constantly attack ONE ethnicity without using the obvious racist terms/slurs and without ever posting any trading talk or only posting images/videos of one specific ethnicity ???

As an example (the THEY and ALL THE TIME)...
    • They attack white women and Asian women all the time...
    To me, I believe strongly it's a former banned racist member that has become a little smarter to not reveal themself with the obvious racist terms/slurs that resulted in a prior ban. These are members with the same type of message delivery about ONE ethnicity.

Also, we've had other racist members like that. They have targeted ONE ethnicity...they shouldn't be allowed to have long hair, they all drink alcohol, they should stay on the reserves et cetera.

I don't complain about it because these are members that sometimes mix those statements among their "trading talk" outside of the Political threads. It's as if they have some control but have an occassional slip of the tongue in the wrong threads.
    • Yet, they will publicly complain that I've put them on my "ignore/block" even though I never identified them as someone I've put on my "ignore/block" until they've identified themself first.
    My point...we have a handful of members that mix in their racist talks without the obvious racist/slurs among their trading talk or they make their commentary / their threads in the Political section while once in a while quickly making trading talk in the trading threads to then return back to the Political threads with the same racist message tone that does not contain any obvious racist slurs.

Simply, we have obvious ignorant racists that are easy for you to ban because of their racist slurs. Yet, we have other racist members with a constant message about ONE ethnicity, gathering "likes" from others that literally promote the same message tone for many months before they have a slip of the tongue when they make that first "racial slur"...resulting in a ban while their posts remain...

It seems that these members are only given a "temporary ban" because they've been here so long while a new member or someone with a small track record of message post here at the forum are given a "permanent ban" because the message posts of the latter are less integrated into the forum.

wrbtrader

#31     Aug 8, 2022
  2. M.W.

M.W.

Well, my interpretation of the silence after my last question is that there is a carve out for one ethnicity only where hate speech is disallowed and moderating is enforced. All others seem fair game in the politics section. That's my understanding now.

#32     Aug 8, 2022
  3. Baron

Baron ET Founder

In the famous words of comedian Ron White:

"You can't fix stupid."

I can't rid people of their racial ignorances and stupidity. There's always going to be a certain level of that and I don't have time to smack each person on the back of the hand with a ruler every time he posts a racially biased comment.

But for the occasional twisted individuals that register here for the sole purpose of posting racial hatred, that's a completely different story. Hitting the ban button and "Delete all Post from this User" button is pretty easy.

#33     Aug 8, 2022
    beginner66 and wrbtrader like this.
  4. Overnight

Overnight

I just fucking KNEW it! I KNEW it! I called you out on this about 18 months ago and claimed you had a history eraser button! You never answered the challenge, but now you just admitted it! I win!

#34     Aug 8, 2022
  5. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Well...I still remember the day when I almost gave up and left the forum when there were too many racists posting a lot of junk.

You showed up like some Ninga and decapitated them with one sword swing in a single day.

I think I called you Bruce Lee or maybe a Samurai. Other members were impressed too.

wrbtrader

#35     Aug 8, 2022
  6. Overnight

Overnight

One of the few posts you have ever made which does not have a bullet point. :)

#36     Aug 8, 2022
  7. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

My message posts started getting longer and I started using bullet points in those long-winded message posts in 2019.
    • Prior to 2019, for many years, no bullet points. :D
    I think in 2019, I decided to talk about other things beyond trading such as important issues in life. As for trading or TA...I don't share that here anymore nor do I have a need for such.

wrbtrader

#37     Aug 14, 2022
  8. Overnight

Overnight

And you just used a bullet point to make a counterpoint about using only bullet points in really long posts, in one of your shortest messages ever? Yer a strange one.

#38     Aug 14, 2022
  9. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

My message post is not a "counterpoint". It's an explanation of why and when such begin to occur along with pointing out the fact that you have not read all my message posts to qualify your assumption. :sneaky:

wrbtrader

#39     Aug 14, 2022
  10. Overnight

Overnight

K, i stand corrected. I do not recall posts from you before you exploded in 2019 with Trump, and then 2020 with Covid.

#40     Aug 14, 2022