Can anyone teach me trading?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Mediterranean_star, Sep 3, 2021.

1. Overnight

Overnight

Elliot-wave trader based in Australia with a Seychilles license. Good stuff!

Sorry, you should really be a sponsor here if you wish to shill your EWave blog.

#71     Sep 6, 2021
  2. cesfx

cesfx

OP is a first time female poster from London, and after few pages another first time poster is so kind to offer us a free trial... With Greg from London!

Greg and Mediterranean_star should get togheter and become best friend forever. :D

#72     Sep 6, 2021
    Mediterranean_star likes this.
  3. only four trades hit the criteria you set:
    upload_2021-9-7_4-53-39.png

the four trades are:
    FCR, TIH, WIR, and CUF.

#73     Sep 7, 2021
  4. %%
    THAT can work;
    if you work it.
    Remember the modern rule of 72; includes but not limited to\ work 12 hours a day/6 days a week. By the way, DD, i include work with feeding birds+ even deer + elk like ''edge'' LOL:D:D:D:D:D:D,:caution::caution::caution:I use EFTs, but CAN SLIM is actually a 555page+/ stock system

#74     Sep 7, 2021
  5. deaddog

deaddog

I'm surprised that at least one of my holdings didn't show up.

Also of the 4 that did show up 2 of them were not making all time highs.

TFII near the end of Jan 2021 should have met the criteria you put in.

I have trouble explaining exactly how I interpret charts. For instance above average volume grabs my attention. If it's near a new high the stock goes on a watch list. I look back (rearview mirror) to see how it has acted in the past. If it trends nicely then I might take a position when it gets to a new high. (or breaks out of a long consolidation) If it jumps all over the place I'll more than likely pass as the risk isn't worth it.

I pay attention to what the market is doing. I look at a chart of SPY. I don't make any buys when the market is falling.

It doesn't matter to me what the company does or if it's profitable. My concern is that the price is moving smoothly in the right direction. I find that if I do too much research I bias my thinking. Tend to second guess myself when the charts are telling me it's time to exit.

It's what works for me and has worked since the early 2000's.

#75     Sep 7, 2021
    KCalhoun and shuraver like this.
  6. Handle123

Handle123

I have learned overall people don't like others to have more education, knowledge, perseverance or wealth in USA, most likely other countries as well.

I don't have many friends, live cave like existence, don't like most people, never wanted to trade for companies, I prefer to trade for self mostly.

I started trading for the challenges, but after you get very decent, trading becomes huge boring way of life. I started long ago tutoring as a way for another challenge, more information on internet and even ET, easily to get lost as to what works. I just don't buy into anyone will learn in a weekend or with some a year, it is day in and day out checking charts, countless hours on phone, so long as they work at it, me too. And I always taught what I was using to include Holy Grail.

Am on my last student, just getting too old, losing memory on what I ate for breakfast but remember trading.

And I won 1992 US Futures Trading Championship, started in mid August and finished year with 214% trading commodities. No trade was longer than a month duration and didn't use hedges.

Learn charting patterns, stick to never risking more than 2%, learn how to hedge, develop strong Trading Plan, backtest.

After 32 years, got engaged up in Washington State last month and she is good at stock picking.

#76     Sep 14, 2021
    murray t turtle, cesfx and jocrape like this.
  7. deaddog

deaddog

I'm curious about your experience in tutoring? Did you do it as a side hustle or as a way of challenging yourself?

Congrats on your engagement, that's riskier than trading. :)

#77     Sep 14, 2021
  8. jocrape

jocrape

@Handle123 I always thought not many people are interested in being a mentor until I read this. You really seem to enjoy what you are doing, Congratulations for that! It's even more difficult than trading for yourself because you have this huge responsibility for someone else's success.

#78     Sep 16, 2021
  9. Pick a trading style and join a community
    I'm sure you will find like minded people and its gonna be even better because the vison and POV about the market will be similar.

You can start the basics from baby pips and YouTube and then find what fits you the best and dive deeper into it
    its just a matter of time after you start learning you find likeminded people on the same journey and easily tag along.

good luck :)

#79     Sep 16, 2021
  10. Handle123

Handle123

Even with my assistance, it is NOT a sure thing someone would become profitable, it still always took much work by students. I learned a great deal, learned never take on someone who had tried more than seven years as they always trying to teach me their failing ways, never instruct someone who says they doing it for "something to do" or hobby. I did it cause I was bored but I knew it was going to be difficult cause many hours they have to memorize, some can start doing well in 4 months and others 2 years, so long as they didn't quit, I stayed with them. Sometimes changing the methods they were using totally cause they lacked ability to memorize so much, better methods have much to memorize for scalp/day trading, easier methods do well but have handful losing days a month. After months and months, they learn to adapt to time sequences, internally, within one's brain to know to get out way before price gets to protective stops. It takes great amount of my time of reviewing their charts, saying same words thousand times, and when they start doing something I didn't teach, jump on them asking for 1000 stats to make a change. I pound into them stats allow for changes, and not something looks like it works, have to back it up with reality and not fables, the "eyes will lie". Most would get a kick of me driving somewhere and they verbally call prices and I would change a losing day into profitable day. Internalizing price/time when price is too long/short, you learn to get out, add more, delay profit taking.

They always did sim, had to do 19 of 20 days profitable before going live. I did have a fee of little upfront, when they made all costs of data, loses, I get 50% each month till completion. Those who did well, paid me off within 2 years and eventually I gave them funds to trade for me, I have over 20 students who trade part of my 401k funds.

Cause I have old eyes, students would trigger something within me to see new patterns in charting or TA, students have always kept me motivated to keep trading, trading for me is like tying your shoes, gets so boring, I have lived so long, nothing is a surprise. But regardless, once current student is done, he is the last, need all my time for gal I be marrying next year.

I see this as next to impossible, when just starting out, most don't have a clue of "trading style", nothing is going to be better cause others have internalized their method and unless they going to be there day after day coaching new trader, this new trader won't know if what he is doing is correct. There is so much information on youtube, take decade to realize most is not doable by young trader. "Tagging along", you never know if your charts are right without huge amount of stats to be kept.

I was very very lucky I started way before computers, I had to chart by hand, very few books, if I had to do it today, I would buy a mutual fund.

So many people make it sound so easy, when this is hardest endeavor for way to make money year after year after year....

#80     Sep 16, 2021