Can anyone teach me trading?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Mediterranean_star, Sep 3, 2021.

1. bookish

bookish

I can teach you.

How much money do you want to lose?

#81     Sep 26, 2021
  2. %%
    I"VE seen that pattern before;
    dont really want to work for some else.
    EVEN though i dont regret working for Mr Goldstein and Arrow Transportation; moved mass [by barge], corn, coal, soybeans, scrap,wheat, wood chips.......[He named one of his boats Renee G, after his wife]
    Going down river, took quite a few minutes to stop\LOL
    ME, i prefer paper ETF charts,[SPY,SSO.......] more reliable, less drama, easier on eyes; but computer charts can be helpful....................................................................................................:caution::caution::caution::caution::caution::caution:,:caution::caution::caution:

#82     Sep 27, 2021
  3. mixo

mixo

I do not believe that trading can be taught. At certain stages, help may be present, but you will have to learn to trade yourself. This is the work of a loner.

#83     Oct 21, 2021
    wrbtrader and Leob like this.
  4. %%
    Most millionaires in the stock market made it market making or buy every month for 40 years /mutual funds........................................................................
    NOT the only way to do that, not a prediction, not bank insured.:caution::caution::caution::caution::caution::caution:,:caution::caution::caution::caution::caution::caution:

#84     Oct 21, 2021
    vanzandt likes this.
  5. Newbies can be taught how to think like a trader, how to analyze markets, and how to assess opportunities. Once they have those down they can begin to explore and test on their own.

However, there is not trader training program I have seen that actually teaches the above.

#85     Oct 21, 2021
    wrbtrader, Leob and murray t turtle like this.
  6. %%
    There area some that do that,[IBD books/plan] but like Dave Ramsey noted , info is only about 20%/execution of the plan is 80%. That's why people pay 28-30% APR on credit cards. IF it was mainly info, nobody in right mind would pay 30% APR on credit cards.
    Me, i prefer ETfs..........

#86     Oct 21, 2021
    adonisperry and longandshort like this.
  7. hanneswas

hanneswas

Easy.
    Just make a list of 5-10 great traders interviewed in the market wizard books and ask each of them directly if he/she would have interest to be your mentor. Try to present yourself as good as you can.

Great people do that. Because our best impact in live is to give knowledge to the next generation.

#87     Oct 28, 2021
  8. There are millions of sources to learn everything on your own. Why do you want to rely on someone to teach you what you can learn very easily? Just do a little effort and try to learn yourself if you actually want to succeed without wasting your money and time on the trading gurus/mentors.

#88     Oct 29, 2021
    murray t turtle likes this.
  9. Handle123

Handle123

LOL, most of the "great" traders are older than me, really doubt they would even read a letter you sent. Am not buying to "give knowledge to next generation" with exception of "buy low and sell high" which I do often. Almost all my friends had to pay me to learn, but for most part after they were making it every month.

Well, that is one of the many problems a new trader has in front of them, too much information, how many years will it take till they have a viable Trading Plan? "Very Easily" ? I laughed so much spilled my coffee. Do you really believe you will read anything Golden as far as signals, risk management, formations on the web?

I will agree that many mentors lack experience, knowledge, too many will take people who don't have a clue how difficult it is , many will string you out by the month whether you are profiting or not. This craft takes much memorizing, focus and enormous amount of time to overcome self doubt, previous wrong concepts-fresh eyes and open mind. I might be one of the few, but have spent more than two years mentoring someone till they got it, then after I be paid.

I do spend some time checking out what is on the web free, so I have a clue when people use this free stuff where their protective stops are located. I have spent well over $100k on mentors in my 43 years, some spurred other ideas by something they said and others I would get something that improved my bottom line.

Other than the USA government, have had very few employers...three and it was after I retired(quit) at 42yo, I got trained in more physical labor more for the fun, never considered as a job, Crete Carrier allowed me to travel to all 48 states and still trade, took course in repairing blades on Wind Turbines-only did that handful of months, no elevators to the top, exhausted by time I climbed up there with all my gear, LOL was a courier for 6 months, never left the airports for a week-gave me much time to program and test new stuff - back then never slept more than 2 hours anyway. It was a easy way to get health insurance back then as I was uninsurable on my own, way too many health problems I picked up along the way in life.
    Yes, I prefer real books and real handheld charts, something to that hand to eye of learning for me. Although I started in stocks in 1978, it wasn't until I learned how to trade Futures in 1991 that I was able to do better in stocks, I would have quit working earlier, but parent died which messed me up, but 1999 had enough at jobs I detested so I quit, had bucks in the bank, 30-some rental houses and mortgage paid off.
    You were moving 2-3 million pounds on barge? I bet it took awhile to slow it down. You run on Mississippi?

#89     Oct 29, 2021
    murray t turtle likes this.
  10. %%
    Yes,H123, on Miss River, on MO, Arkansas, ILL, TN rivers .[i don't remember the poundage] Fun part was going downstream into a lock+ dam, trying to stop it\slow it down\took a while:D:D.The whole towboat started shaking more when they slammed engines in reverse.
    Back to my trading notebook reverse..............................................................................

#90     Oct 29, 2021