Capitalism run amok? Paypal tries social score system to steal $2500 from users

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Cuddles, Oct 9, 2022.

1. Cuddles

Cuddles

2. VicBee

VicBee

nrstrader likes this.
  3. ph1l

ph1l

Before the rollback
    https://web.archive.org/web/2022100...ng/ua/pdf/US/en/acceptableuse-full-110322.pdf
    upload_2022-10-9_8-48-55.png
    After the rollback
    https://web.archive.org/web/2022100...ng/ua/pdf/US/en/acceptableuse-full-110322.pdf
    (blank page)

Restricted Activities:
    https://web.archive.org/web/2022100...-full?locale.x=en_US#s4-restricted-activities
    upload_2022-10-9_8-51-52.png

I can picture what could happen ...
    PayPaler: But officer, I was just two miles over the limit.
    Cop: I'll just give you a warning, but PayPal will fine you $2,500.

And it's not even close to April 1st.:rolleyes:

4. No worries. The free ATM for all these assholes at tech companies is over. They are going to have to actually worry about profit and not dog sitters, gourmet vegan lunches and "misinformation".

It is hard to blame them though from becoming completely divorced from reality after a decade plus of free capital.

M.W. likes this.
  5. Canceled my account.

Any the claim that this is a mistake is obvious bs.
    How many meetings and legal reviews you think an update like this goes through before release?

This was clearly timed to threaten political speech around the election.

swinging tick, MoreLeverage and M.W. like this.
  6. Cuddles

Cuddles

My point is right wing media is already blaming it on "the left" as if Paypal wasn't just riding on public outcry over misinformation and trying to cash in a bet that they'd have public support, the greedy bastards that they are.

i.e.:

Last edited: Oct 9, 2022
  7. notagain

notagain

Fines apply to sellers not buyers.
    Fascist corporations are usurping gov't.
    Censoring influencers that use PayPal to receive money from their followers.

8. Most Americans support freedom of speech. They especially don't like multi-billion dollar corporations punching down and telling regular Joes what they're allowed to discuss.

The people who see these concerns as "right wing" are generally fascists, who can't morally defend the actions of people like this and instead are left with:
    Right wingers "pounce" on something bad their ideological cohort did.

The intent being to focus the discussion back onto their hatred and thereby try to excuse the inexcusable.

M.W. likes this.
  9. Cuddles

Cuddles

Ignoring your ahistorical interpretation of fascism, and instead how it's bedfellows with corporatism, show me where I tried to excuse this practice?

10. By acting as an apologist for paypal.
    This is not hard to understand.

In a one sentence post you invented a scenario to attempt to excuse or explain their actions while at the same time bringing up the dreaded, super-scary "right wing media" to shift discussion away from the clearly reprehensible actions of PayPal.

#10     Oct 9, 2022
    M.W. likes this.