Cathie Wood's ARK dumped NVDA in January

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Pekelo, May 26, 2023.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

Buy1Sell2 likes this.
  2. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Schadenfreude much?

semperfrosty likes this.
  3. DaveV

DaveV

ARKK has no NVDA, but other Ark ETFs do:
    ARKQ has 4.4% in NVDA, ARKG 2.7%, ARKW 1.6%, ARKF 1.5%

murray t turtle likes this.
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

The best kind of freude.

I don't like over valued one trick ponies.

5. She sold her NVDA to buy dog shit stocks, like UI Path (SYMBOL: PATH)

6. I think she would admit that in hindsight she made a mistake.

To be fair she sold it as an underperforming stock in favour of more proven performers.

I think she would also be well aware of all the armchair critics rubbing their hands together with glee at her error.

"The credit belongs to the person who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spend themselves in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if they fail, at least fail while daring greatly, so that their place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” ― Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)

7. She is 'daring greatly' with other peoples money and collecting big fees in the process. How much of her own net worth is in those funds?

8. I'd say that each and every investor knows what they've got themselves into.

Investing in a 'visionary' or someone who thinks 10 years ahead or someone who backs themselves to identify value in unconventional areas isn't for everyone.

If she is correct,she'll be known as a genius and ahead of her time.Fail and it will be a pile on.

I don't have the answer for you but I would expect that she has her own money backing her ideas.

Full disclosure,I find her religious views offputting and can understand how people may find those hard to get around.

9. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

So how many shares of NVDA did you own this year ? Because if it's zero you made the same 'mistake'. Of course better then the buy SOXS ideas some posters keep putting up ( SOXS is down 49% in one month making it just about the worst etf trade possible ).

murray t turtle and semperfrosty like this.