Chart gets messed up at the open

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by qlai, May 12, 2023.

1. qlai

qlai

Hello, I started having a problem with chart auto-scaling due to what I suspect a “bad” trade. It only seems to happen right after the market open - the worst time!

Anyone experiencing this? Is there a way to filter out these trades?

P.S. We all agree IB charts are not best, so not the topic of this thread.

Thanks!

2. TheDawn

TheDawn

It has to do with the bad data that's freaked up this opening bar. I used to get the same problem when I was using Ninja Trader when Ninja Trader uses data from IB. I had to download the tick by tick data from another data source to compare with the tick data in Ninja Trader to find the wrong tick and then fix the tick one by one by manually entering the correct high, low, open close for each tick. Pain in the freaking a$$! But at least I could do this in Ninja Trader. I am not sure if you can fix this in IB. Hopefully after you log off and log back in, IB would've fixed the bad bar.

3. qlai

qlai

I think I figured it out. "Scale to Fit Studies" was checked. "Ignore Studies" should be checked.

upload_2023-5-16_10-54-50.png

Adam777 and TheDawn like this.
  4. TheDawn

TheDawn

Did it work? What kind of study would throw off a chart that much? That's weird.

5. qlai

qlai

Yes it worked. I suspect it has to do with volume displayed. The official open print has all the volume of opening auction. That is my theory.

TheDawn likes this.