Chart watch - TZOO

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Chagi, Mar 11, 2006.

1. Chagi

Chagi

Difficult to say. I think the problem is that TZOO is so small relative to the likes of GOOG or YHOO that a buyout may not make sense. Then again, I suppose that one of the bigger companies could buy TZOO, then pump some megabucks into the concept to generate larger revenue streams than TZOO does currently.

#11     Mar 14, 2006
  2. I heard Dan Z made a fortune in TZOO
    a yr or so ago

but I do not know for sure

:p

#12     Mar 14, 2006
  3. rcj

rcj

Here is what i would like to see...

another Q of revenue/earnings growth.

get the vol up over 150k/day avg ... at least.

maybe expand the subscriber base 20%...use that cash!!

get the UK business stable.

....... rj

#13     Mar 14, 2006
  4. Interesting. If it breaks above $20 sustained, a small long position could be established. Add more if it breaks $27.5...

#14     Mar 14, 2006
  5. Chagi

Chagi

I was thinking more like $19 or so, but otherwise I agree. I need something more decisive than the current action before I will actually open a long position. Things look good, but it still looks like the stock could go either way.

#15     Mar 15, 2006
  6. dac8555

dac8555

i think you odds going long will be higher if you pick a stock that is at or near its 52 week high on increasing volume close to its break out point.

#16     Mar 15, 2006
  7. Chagi

Chagi

Would you consider AKAM to be a good example of what you are describing? I've started reviewing charts on pretty much a nightly basis and setting alerts for myself. AKAM is breaking above $27 as I write this (and no, I didn't trade it, been watching another stock).

#17     Mar 15, 2006
  8. Actually, Thomas Bulkowski did a study that spanned over a few years and a few thousand chart patterns.
    He found chart patterns that broke out within a third of the yearly low did much better than those that broke out of new highs on average.
    I think the breakout/new high works much better with CANSLIM stocks that have great fundamentals...

#18     Mar 16, 2006
  9. Chagi

Chagi

For what it's worth, it looks like TZOO has now failed the set-up, and has now broken down a bit further.

#19     Mar 16, 2006
  10. rcj

rcj

#20     Mar 31, 2006