China May Soon Lead the U.S. in Tech

Discussion in 'Economics' started by 777, Dec 10, 2021.

1. ipatent

ipatent

Math Olympiad- New Zealand:
    [​IMG]

Australia:

[​IMG]

USA:

[​IMG]

#21     Dec 10, 2021
    virtusa and Pekelo like this.
  2. Don't teach the Chinese kids Sun Tzu, then we're all fucked.

#22     Dec 10, 2021
    xandman likes this.
  3. xandman

xandman

So, your making it a racial discussion. China didn't produce those Olympiads. Dude, you're a few decades behind this discussion. Why don't we start measuring cranial cavities?

#23     Dec 11, 2021
  4. JSOP

JSOP

Perfect the West is the flexible open society so it should be able to cultivate both artistic and scientific talents!

#24     Dec 11, 2021
  5. heispark

heispark

It reminds me of 80' when Americans feared if Japan becomes the top tech country. See what happened now. Walkman died and Apple products are selling like a hot cakes. Fortunately or unfortunately, it seems Asians don't have much resilience in their culture. Companies like Apple won't come from Asian countries. In addition, China is very old empire which is dying slowly. It's also true to Japan and Korea. That's why Warren Buffet still betting America. :rolleyes:

#25     Dec 11, 2021
  6. Portugal != USA

#26     Dec 11, 2021
  7. maxinger

maxinger

People from China & US keep on thinking :

" How to be even more powerful & deadly. How to conquer the earth, another planet.".

People from Afghanistan, Syria, North Korea, Somalia.... keep on thinking :

" How to have food for today. Will we survive today? ".

#27     Dec 11, 2021
  8. JSOP

JSOP

Correction: The government from China keeps on thinking: " How to be even more powerful & deadly. How to conquer the earth, another planet.".

The people from China & US keep on thinking: "How to have food for today? What is my family's future going to be?"

Correction: People from Afghanistan, Syria, North Korea, Somalia.... keep on thinking :

"How do I get out of this country?" Will I survive escaping from here?"

#28     Dec 11, 2021
    beginner66 likes this.
  9. Zwaen

Zwaen

Well, I just googled for the dutch and german olympiad winners, and they were all just good ol’ caucasian nerds. I can tell you that!

Now I have to go and startup my Python numpy module because I need to cut my pie in 4 equal pieces.

#29     Dec 11, 2021
  10. Pekelo

Pekelo

Apple products are made in China. And probably developed by mostly Asian engineers. :) China has a Moon rover right now on the Moon checking out alien objects.

The US is a new empire dying quickly.

Not to mention Japan is still a top tech country, they have a robot dog!!!

#30     Dec 11, 2021