CME & IB keep raising Fees

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by BlueStreek, Jul 3, 2013.

1. First IB raises DATA bundles, then they align the Brent contract with an expensive bundle that most people don`t trade, so if you want the Brent contract, you have to pay for the entire sub., then they a la carte options, now they are separating vix, pretty dam soon every single instrument will be a la carte, which is fine.

But how about IB fixing their chart packages once and for all, they are so bad if you put a 20 and 50 moving averages on 1 chart, and try to have the same line colors represent 20 and 50 on multiple charts they mess up and red will represent 20 on half the charts and 50 on the other half.

If your going to keep raising your fees, start producing first in class charts so we don`t have to pay additional fees for decent charting packages.

And don`t give me this crap that this is the CME, eat the damn fees on your side that is what all the damn commissions are for, it sure isn`t for a decent charting package!

2. just21

just21

Brent is on ICE and vix is on cboe, vix futures are CFE. what has it got to do with the cme?

3. regulators were alseep at the wheel, too damn much consolidation in the exchanges, consumers/traders get screwed in the process as the exchanges have pricing power/monopoly status and all keep raising fees because lack of competition.

4. joederp

joederp

And?

5. zdreg

zdreg

'And don`t give me this crap that this is the CME, eat the damn fees on your side that is what all the damn commissions are for, it sure isn`t for a decent charting package!"

commissions are not meant to cover exchange fees. if you want an all in 1 charge go to a full service broker.

why don't you change brokers and stop whining?

6. At IB you are getting double dipped in fees, first on each trade you pay the exchanges a fee and then IB`s side of the fee, and then IB re-hits you up for bundled data fees for the supposed data costs.

And they are so bad from a platform perspective that you have to pay for third party platform services: IB`s fees have gone up dramatically over the years, I remember when data packages were 55 dollars, you didn`t pay extra for options, it was 1 dollar for the Brent contract, and the VIX was included - the trend is disturbing.

7. maybe I already have and I am just letting newbies know that there are much better brokers than IB.

8. gmst

gmst

I am always on the lookout to diversify my broker exposure to at least 2 brokers. who did you move to?

9. zdreg

zdreg

1.you have not provided any proof of double or triple dipping.

"I am just letting newbies know that there are much better brokers than IB"
    you are not providing any information to act upon. why only for newbies.

"maybe i already have." IB is transparent but you are not. maybe is a response by a....

10. just look at your annual commissions column paid to IB every year: This number is shocking at the end of the year: They should be giving everything else for free and I mean everything instead of this nickle and dimeing crap.

They should give commission rebates like poker sites at the end of the year, not just volume discounts; they should give both as the numbers they make are insane given how pervasive data is these days.

#10     Jul 3, 2013