CNMTSU

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SunTrader, Jun 28, 2020.

1. userque

userque

Assuming arguendo that Blue Lives Matter is a movement.

Who says people can't support both?
    Who says supporting either of them is wrong?

What I see is BlackLM going out to protest the wrong doings of individuals cops, individual incidents.

And then I see BlueLM going out to protest those protesting the wrong doings; or protesting a legal proceeding involving the "bad" cop.

Again, there is a false narrative that is being portrayed: that BlackLM is protesting all cops; that kneeling is about veterans, or the flag, etc.

This false narrative is then used to justify protesting against, and vilify the character of people (Blacks, Whites, Latinos, Asians, Etc.) seeking justice and accountability within LE.

#21     Jun 29, 2020
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I took it from your original post in this thread that you thought supporting BlueLM was wrong. If I am mistaken, then I apologize.

I don't see it this way at all. What I see is BlackLM going out to protest the wrong doings of cops, and then the movement is hijacked by a violent group of people (no way for me to know whether or not they are aligned) that causes violence and destruction of property to the many people they are claiming "matter". Then I see the cops respond as they are able, poorly in some cases, but are completely disrespected and branded as all evil with shouting, beating, screaming, killing and ambushing - with black people now excusing themselves from the BlackLM movement entirely and letting young white kids do all the protesting and violence. So out of this naturally comes a counter movement where people say things like "Your cause is a good one, but so is ours."

If all people did was protest peacefully, I would support them 100%. I might even donate.

This, of course, is being masterly orchestrated by the media and political parties that would prefer we remain at each other's throats rather than solve problems or pay attention to them and all that they are looting from us in the background.

#22     Jun 29, 2020
  3. userque

userque

No problem. I didn't look back to check, but my bad if I mislead you.

I suspect the hijackers are not BlackLM members. First, being Black at a protest doesn't automatically make you a member of the organization. The organization is real, and is run by real people. I'm sure that they don't appreciate their name being defamed.

Second, BlackLM is not a destructive / violent organization.

Such organizations tend to advertise as such ... White supremacist groups, Militias, for example. They openly stock weapons and ammo. They where combat gear. They conduct field training.

The FBI reportedly discovered white supremacist groups were encouraging followers to engage in violence two days after George Floyd's death
    https://theweek.com/speedreads/9176...e-violence-two-days-after-george-floyds-death

You and others are quick to point at "BlackLM !!" even when there is no evidence that the movement is responsible for any violence / destruction; but rarely (usually only after a debate) do you condemn, White supremacist groups / militias. And I'm going to guess that you've never started a thread condemning a White Supremacist / militia group.

If you're interested:

Groups by type
    Ku Klux Klan
    Neo-Nazi
    White nationalist
    Racist skinheads
    Extreme antigovernment movement
    Black separatist/nationalist
    Neo-Confederate
    Christian Identity
    Anti-LGBT
    Anti-immigrant
    Holocaust denial
    Male supremacy
    Neo-Völkisch
    Hate music
    Radical traditional Catholicism
    Anti-Muslim
    Other

Militias with a statewide presence[A]
    Name State Ref.
    Arizona Border Recon Arizona [8][9][10]
    Arizona Liberty Guard Arizona [11]
    Arizona State Militia Arizona [12]
    Southern Arizona Militia Arizona [11]
    Arkansas Defense Force Arkansas [11]
    First State Pathfinders Delaware [11]
    Indiana Citizens Volunteer Militia Indiana [11]
    Maine Militia Maine [11]
    Michigan Home Guard Michigan [11]
    Michigan Militia Michigan [11]
    Northwest Lower Michigan Civil Defense Michigan [11]
    Southeast Michigan Volunteer Militia Michigan [11]
    Missouri Brotherhood Militia Missouri [11]
    Missouri Citizens Militia Missouri [11][13]
    Missouri Militia Missouri [14]
    New Jersey Light Foot Militia New Jersey [11]
    Citizens for Constitutional Freedom New Mexico
    North Country Deplorables New York [15]
    New York Light Foot Militia New York [11][16]
    New York Militia TM New York [11]
    New York Mutual Assistance Group New York [11]
    Cowboys Motorcycle Club Ohio [11]
    The Last Militia Ohio [11]
    Ohio Irregulars Ohio [11]
    Ohio Valley Minutemen Citizen's Volunteer Militia Ohio [11]
    West Ohio Minutemen Ohio [11]
    Appalachian Associators Pennsylvania [11]
    Pennsylvania Armare Woodsmen Pennsylvania [11]
    Pennsylvania Light Foot Militia Pennsylvania [11]
    Pennsylvania State Militia Pennsylvania [11]
    Rhode Island Patriots Rhode Island [11]
    Texas State Militia Texas [17][18]
    Green Mountain Militia Vermont [11]
    Washington Light Foot Militia Washington [19]
    West Virginia Light Foot Militia West Virginia [11]

Local groups
    SPLC identified local militia groups (2018)[11][C]

State Name Location
    Alabama Alabama Constitutional Militia Clanton
    South Alabama Militia Dothan
    Alaska Alaska Citizens Militia Nikiski
    Arizona Arizona Freedom Militia Mohave
    Northern Arizona Militia Golden Valley
    Arkansas Arkansas State Militia Corps Mansfield
    California California State Militia Bay Area
    Northern
    Sacramento County
    Southern
    Florida Florida Militia Central
    Northeast
    Northwest
    Southern
    Idaho Idaho Light Foot Militia Kootenai County
    Meridian
    Illinois Illinois Sons of Liberty Chicago
    Indiana Indiana Citizens Volunteer Militia[D] Lake County
    Kentucky KY County Rangers Bath County
    Maine Maine Volunteer Responders Gardiner
    Michigan Capitol City Militia Clinton County
    Genesee County Volunteer Militia Genesee County
    Michigan Liberty Militia Barry County
    Michigan Peoples' Reactionary Force Genesee County
    Michigan Wolf Pack Gratiot County
    Southeast Michigan Volunteer Militia[D] Lapeer County
    Macomb County
    Wayne County
    Mississippi Citizens Militia of Mississippi Batesville
    Carroll County
    Missouri Missouri Citizens Militia[D] Washington County
    Missouri Militia[D] Joplin
    Kansas City
    Springfield
    St. Joseph
    New Hampshire Patriot Mutual Assistance Group Rindge
    New York Liberty State Militia Chenango County
    New York Militia TM[D] Albany County
    Mohawk Valley Region
    New York Mutual Assistance Group Orange County
    Suffolk County
    North Carolina Stokes County Militia King
    Ohio The Frontiersmen Ravenna
    The Last Militia[D] Allen County
    Butler County
    Clark County
    Hamilton County
    Montgomery County
    Summit County
    Trumbull County
    North East Ohio Outdoorsman East Rochester
    Ohio Defense Force Home Guard Cincinnati
    Cleveland
    New Lexington
    Zanesville
    Reapers Constitutional Militia of Ohio Cortland
    Oregon Central Oregon Constitutional Guard Redmond
    Pennsylvania Carlisle Light Infantry Cumberland County
    Eastern Pennsylvania Regional Militia Wyomissing
    Pennsylvania Homeland Shield Clarksburg
    Pennsylvania Light Foot Militia[D] Berks County
    Bradford County
    Juniata County
    Luzerne County
    Schuylkill County
    Tioga County
    Westmoreland County
    South Carolina South Carolina Light Foot Militia Horry County
    Tennessee 1st Tennessee Rifles UMIT Lafayette
    East Tennessee Mountain Militia Knoxville
    Tennessee Defence Legion Chester
    Texas

Alamo Militia San Antonio
    Golden Triangle Militia Groves
    Orange
    Texas Light Foot Militia Tyler
    Texas State Militia Austin
    Big Spring
    Houston
    Washington Washington Light Foot Militia[D] Spokane County
    West Virginia Ohio Valley Minutemen Citizen's Volunteer Militia[E] Charleston

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...he_Southern_Poverty_Law_Center_as_hate_groups
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_militia_organizations_in_the_United_States

They knew the job was dangerous when they took it. Lots of folks have jobs where they get disrespected, branded as evil, shouted at on the job; and they don't even get to carry a weapon.

You went into great detail describing the violence against cops during a riot; which is to be expected during a ... riot; which is what they train for. But you say little about the blatant and willful, violence the servants paid to serve and protect exact on defenseless non-rioters and reporters.

You say nothing about the rubber bullets blinding bystanders; nothing about the paint balls injuring eyes; nothing about the children being gassed; nothing about pregnant women being gassed while confined in a car; nothing about gas canisters being shot at individuals; nothing about shooting paint balls at civilians observing from within their residence; Etc. Etc.

Regardless, you've made no knew argument here. I agree that there were bad actors. My assertion was that they weren't BlackLM members.

Evidence?

Assuming that's a fact, what's your point?

No. They don't yell, "Your cause is a good one!!"

If all cops did was obey laws, rules, and regulations, and treat people equally and fairly, there would be no protests.

We can't blame the media.

Everyone has a brain. Even the dumbest brain can do some research and think for itself.

Even the dumbest brain can, at least, say to itself, "Hey dumb ass, maybe check out some other news outlets and websites since everyone says my news outlets and websites are extremely biased."

The same willful ignorance that allowed 400 years of slavery, is the same willful ignorance that has allowed police abuses since the slaves were "freed."

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    #23     Jun 29, 2020
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Just curious, but do you have any widely - hell even moderately - circulated release from the official BLM that denounces the violence and rioting - all being done in the BLM name (as an example, protesters setting fire to a business while chanting "BLACK LIVES MATTER". That's probably where a lot of the confusion comes in. If the official BLM movement stated that they do not support the actions of these individuals and stood up loudly to denounce such actions, it would go a long way.

What other jobs are disrespected, branded as evil and shouted at or physically attacked by mobs?

This may surprise you, but most police officers do not train for riots. Not even occasionally. This is why so many (still small statistically, but enough to be noticed) perform so poorly.

[/quote]

Why do I need to say anything about them? I'm not saying Black Lives Matters doesn't have a right to protest or have a movement. This whole thing began because I thought you were saying Blue Lives Matters has no right or isn't a movement. If you believe they have a right to have a moment, and it is a real movement, then as far as I'm concerned - we are in agreement here.

Is that your position? Is Blue Lives Matter a movement? Do they have a right to their movement?

#24     Jun 29, 2020
  5. userque

userque

I have no such releases.

Public bus drivers; postal clerks; Retail clerks; letter carriers; teachers; meter maids; uber drivers; on and on. I'm sure you could name a few more.

By the way, here's a Fox News 2018 list of the most dangerous jobs:
    https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/most-dangerous-jobs-in-us

10. Landscaping, lawn service, and groundskeeping first-line supervisors
    2018 fatal injury rate: 20.2 per 100,000 workers

Median annual wage: $48,220

9. Construction trades and extraction workers’ first-line supervisors
    2018 fatal injury rate: 21.0 per 100,000 workers

Median annual wage: $65,230

8. Structural iron and steelworkers
    2018 fatal injury rate: 23.6 per 100,000 workers

Median annual wage: $53,970

7. Farmers, ranchers, and other agricultural managers
    2018 fatal injury rate: 24.7 per 100,000 workers

Median annual wage: $67,950

6. Driver/sales workers and truck drivers
    2018 fatal injury rate: 26.0 per 100,000 workers

Median annual wage: $38,800

GET FOX BUSINESS ON THE GO BY CLICKING HERE

5. Refuse and recyclable material collectors
    2018 fatal injury rate: 44.3 per 100,000 workers

Median annual wage: $37,260

4. Roofers
    2018 fatal injury rate: 51.5 per 100,000 workers

Median annual wage: $39,970

3. Aircraft pilots and flight engineers
    2018 fatal injury rate: 58.9 per 100,000 workers

Median annual wage: $115,670

2. Fishers and related fishing workers
    2018 fatal injury rate: 77.4 per 100,000 workers

Median annual wage: N/A

1. Logging workers

You don't need to.

I finally checked: I never argued it wasn't a movement, not even closely. According to Wikipedia, it's a movement.

Is it your position that BlackLM is a terrorist or destructive or violent organization?

#25     Jun 29, 2020
  6. SunTrader

SunTrader

White Outrage once more (although not so sure about the white part with you) is pulling out of your ass that most riots and protests nowadays are mostly or all white.

But keep trying to figure out.

#26     Jun 29, 2020
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Uh, this is danger by injury on the job. Not danger as in violence.

We spoke (both you said and I asked) about jobs that were "disrespected, branded as evil and shouted at or physically attacked by mobs". Are Uber Drivers branded as evil? Maybe by Taxi drivers. Meter Mads are attacked by mobs or physically beaten? I'll admit to have thinking of doing that when I got a parking ticket one time.

I know, I provided you the Wikipedia link when you said

which made me think you were saying Blue Lives Matter was not something you were aware of and

which indicated you did not think Blue Lives Matter was a valid movement (the comment re: Orange Lives Matter...). But again, if you've changed your stance or never meant that, and you consider Blue Lives Matter a valid movement, then we're in agreement and we don't have to continue on this, unless you have further questions.

Terrorist, no. ANTIFA is an organization I believe to be terrorist in nature.

Is Black Lives Matter destructive or violent? I am unsure. The acts we've seen in the past month surely make me think it is. The fact that Black Lives Matter has not denounced these actions indicates they support them. Again, I am more than happy to change my mind if you've got evidence showing how they say "this is not us! This is not what we are about!" in reference to any of the violent acts, statue toppling, police attacking, arson, taking over a 6 block area of a city, etc., situations.

#27     Jun 29, 2020
  8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I've figured it out a long time ago. Your the one needing a pop-up book on the subject. Do they still have those? Would you like some examples of riots and protests scenes essentially made up of white people only (like, 95-100%)?

#28     Jun 29, 2020
  9. userque

userque

An injury is an injury.

Police are included in those types of lists/stats, they just aren't the most dangerous jobs...not in the top ten.

Whatever the reality is, there are jobs more dangerous than police. Fact.

If you want to debate whether police are treated more meanly than others; you'll have to point us to where such statistics are kept. Do cops check a box on a form when someone was being mean to them?

Bottom line, a cop volunteered to be a cop. If a cop finds that they are being treated too meanly, they should either quit and find a job where people treat them nicer; or investigate why everyone is being so mean to them.

Often times, you seem to (incorrectly) assume that me asking a question about something, implies that I have the opposite position.

I was aware of BlueLM, I was not aware that it was considered a valid movement. Me being unaware, doesn't suggest that I take the position that it is not a movement; hence, the question.

If it were my argument to make, I would have researched it (as I did with BlackLM, and provided the link); but it was your argument, so I asked you to support your own argument. And you did show that they are a movement.

So, I have to "prove" BlackLM's innocence before you'll grant them the presumption of innocence. Sounds familiar (see links below).

Should all Whites denounce Skin heads publicly whenever one of them yells "White Power!!" nearby?

The phrase "Black lives matter" is not exclusive to members--anyone can say it. Lately, the whole world has been saying it.

Just as you and/or others have said, "White lives matter, All lives matter, Blue lives matter" without being members in those organizations, I assume.

Surely you don't believe that every fat, roly poly White guy that yells, "Blue lives matter" is a cop; you'd probably assume that they are a supporter. Yet, that same logic, you don't apply to BlackLM.

Walter Scott and the presumption of guilt for black Americans
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...the-presumption-of-guilt-for-black-americans/

2018 Presumption of Guilt
    https://racism.org/articles/law-and...ption-of-guilt-2018/2277-presumption-of-guilt

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    #29     Jun 29, 2020