Coming in outta the KOLD ... crushing natural gas

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by KCalhoun, Oct 18, 2021.

1. %%
    SOUNDs like you are right;
    + KOLD is an ETF based on nat gas futs, no dividends, never dividends, no earnings........:caution::caution:

#11     Oct 25, 2021
  2. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Ok this theme is a complete train wreck. KOLD down 22% today, 29% since the thread started. Who could have predicted it ? Well, to some degree I did but I'll never claim to be able to predict short term Nat Gas price moves. As I said Friday, any shorts into Monday were asking for trouble based on the price action I observed.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
    #12     Oct 25, 2021
  3. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

KOLD tasty at 8.40, even tastier at 5.96 :). Or not.

#13     Oct 27, 2021
  4. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

I daytraded the morning bounce, will swing if 2dh eod today

#14     Oct 27, 2021
  5. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

buying a bit premkt here, nice chart, not a reco

KOLD1NOV.jpg

#15     Nov 1, 2021
  6. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Ok so it was at $7.60. Let's see how it moves the rest of the day. My guess is it will close lower then $7.60 and that buy needed to occur last week. You might note that most commodities are up today which is not unusual for a Monday, but that nat gas can be short term contrarian play to Oil. So I'm not saying it's a hopeless trade, just not one I'd take AFTER a big overnight move.

In terms of your calls, I'd say leveraged long Oil as a day trade every time you post buy SCO is a high probability trade. I could go into the reasons why but it suffices to say I explained this kind of trade in reference to S2007S posts several times. You could always alter your approach. Note this is less of a slam against you but an observation of actual results in an area I trade heavily. The fact you keep trying to hit the trades that don't work out for you might be a problem.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
    #16     Nov 1, 2021
  7. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Um currently 7.95 up .84 so far :D

#17     Nov 1, 2021
  8. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

When you posted it was at 7.60. Closed at 7.90. On a vehicle that went from 8.40 to 5.90 after you said it looked "tasty". Was it a good buy a 7.60 maybe this time but you could also look at SCO, TZA, UVXY, ... and not a lot of them did very well today. So maybe no leveraged short was wise today even though this one worked out.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
    #18     Nov 1, 2021
    KCalhoun likes this.
  9. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Good point, and they're all down a bit afterhours.. reaction to fed Wednesday will likely help establish direction

#19     Nov 1, 2021
  10. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Nice WIN in KOLD, over 8..... I'm trailing stop 7.9

#20     Nov 9, 2021