Coming in outta the KOLD ... crushing natural gas

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by KCalhoun, Oct 18, 2021.

1. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

If I traded those etfs, this is where I'd take profits on KOLD and buy BOIL with a stop loss in play if Nat Gas goes lower then today's low. That trade would have worked twice in the last month or two with huge profits. This time, who knows, but if Oil drops tonight it would not surprise me to see Nat Gas up 5-8% tomorrow morning. Of course, it is possible for Nat Gas to break support and WTI to break resistance but they haven't in recent weeks.

Oil producer ATH ( TSX ) up more then 40% last four trading days. I predict it makes a run to 1.56-1.60 by end of day and possibly $2 by end of year if WTI cooperates.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
    #21     Nov 9, 2021
    KCalhoun likes this.
  2. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Just bought more, now in 470 shares KOLD. Will martingale to 1k once it breaks 10, 2k > 14

#22     Nov 9, 2021
  3. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Surprise inventory drawdown in Oil was bullish for Oil possibly bearish for Nat Gas. However, Nat Gas is at support so a lot can happen today and there is a lot of manipulation intraday in these markets. I sold all Nat Gas exposure at the open yesterday ( even though I like the companies medium term a lot ). There are a lot of earnings play involved which complicate things in a good way.

I'm using recent strength in energy, mining to sell anything that performed badly the last few months. Bad can be actual stock price drops ( mining ) or just performing weakly relative to sector peers ( energy ). This makes my winners pure profit lately.

ps Gold as an inflation hedge my be becoming a thing again but I don't trust it yet beyond some isolated trades.

#23     Nov 10, 2021
  4. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

This doesn't match what you did though. My opinion what you did was smart and this stated plan is deeply flawed. Leveraged etfs, especially connected to commodity prices, are not well behaved like stocks can be. I'd say you need to hit them harder on the initial move and scale back on success not the other way around.

Nat Gas held support for now. Related stocks barely dropped on the 2-3 day N Gas move which was interesting ( Canadian energy stocks starting to decouple somewhat from commodity prices as people dissect their tremendous cash flows ).

Gold as an inflation hedge trade seems to at least for now have some reality ( note I posted about this before the US inflation number which further supported the trade ). However, I still don't fully trust Gold to not randomly reverse course again with no warning.

#24     Nov 11, 2021
  5. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

KOLD up premkt, SCO too kold19nov.jpg

#25     Nov 19, 2021
  6. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

KOLD near 10, will continue scaling in at new highs.

#26     Dec 1, 2021
  7. easymon1

easymon1

8. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

i continue to scale in for swingtrade ... big Winning pick :D

KOLD6DEC.jpg

Nineender your attacks = #epicfail lol

Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
    #28     Dec 6, 2021
  9. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Your calls have been an "epic fail" on here for 20 months. Throw out as many gambles as you do one of them has to hit eventually but there is no doubt you need it given your track record. You're basically a blind squirrel that found a nut. I bet I've made more money in a day on numerous individual energy stocks this year then you've made on KOLD in a month. And I'm not on here gloating about each one like it's an earth shattering trade.

I'll be blunt, I consider your approach to how you report your trading on here to be dishonest and it's all about promoting your services. You want to make it a personal battle it's not going to be good for sales. Of all the ETFs you keep touting on here, only KOLD isn't down premarket today. So of course you are going on about KOLD. Very predictable.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
    #29     Dec 6, 2021
  10. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Oil stocks very, very solid today. I seriously thought about 2x long Nat Gas etf end of day but realized that's the kind of thing Ken would do so decided not to :).

#30     Dec 6, 2021