Comments on INTC?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Chagi, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Chagi

Chagi

This article actually sums up my reasons for buying some INTC shares. Particularly interesting to see the comparison of P/E ratios of AMD and Intel.

#31     Mar 25, 2006
  2. Chagi

Chagi

Updated chart attached.

#32     Mar 25, 2006
  3. Well a look at the chart shows no reason to BUY. Where is the bottom? Where is the base? Looks like the downtrend is not finished yet.

Be very careful when bottom fishing, carp and other crap eaters roam in the lower depths.

I would wait to buy this until it shows a bottoming reversal. But what do i know, after all i tradee just ES.

Daytrading this, now thats a whole different story. Time frames make a big difference, many do not state the preference.

Good Luck and good fishing..............:)

TA RULES.............:D

#33     Mar 25, 2006
  4. I was thinkin the same thing as Batterup.......on firday intc was droppin all day and if the s&p hadnt started shooting up near the end of the day intc could have easily been around the 19.20-19.30 mark.......and even then it really didnt want to go above 19.60........not to say it couldnt open at 20 bucks on monday......but unless some hard core good news comes out and fast......i see 18.50 before back to 20.50

#34     Mar 25, 2006
  5. roger77

roger77

As seen on the attached weekly chart of Intel, Friday's low violated low at 19.64 made in October 2004. Low before that is at 14.98 made in February 2003 and one before that is at 12.95 made in October 2002.

I am not saying that the price is going there, but it is worth taking a note .

#35     Mar 25, 2006
  6. hajimow

hajimow

With respect to everyone's view on INTC(both bears and bulls) ,my gut feeling says that we will see a day with 10% jump in the next 10 days. Remember even with 10% jump INTC will be at 21.5. I have listened to my gut and I have bought 2K shares average at 19.88 and sold 24 PUt for 20 April at 0.6. I believe you can not wait to see bottom hear. If it surges 10% one day,you might say, it is already too late to buy. I also know no invesment is without risk but I feel INTC is hugely beaten up and the short interest is extremely low and it says no too many people bet on it to go down but have no motivation to buy.

#36     Mar 25, 2006
  7. roger77

Good chart, i was speaking just in general. But your chart confirms the possibility that the down trend is indeed not finished. we from here could bounce up to 30 or retest that low.

This is exactly what i meant be ones relative time frame in trading/investing.

good show............:)

#37     Mar 25, 2006
  8. Chagi

Chagi

You raise a very good point, I am arguably trying to pick a bottom with INTC, though this is also a longer term play for me (I wouldn't have a problem holding until fall/winter).

#38     Mar 25, 2006
  9. hajimow

hajimow

Interesting move from INCT before hour. QQQQ and SPY are down but INTC is up 15 cents. Watch out.

#39     Mar 27, 2006
  10. hajimow

hajimow

I believe QQQQ and SPY will turn positive and INTC will probably close at 19.95 today.

#40     Mar 27, 2006