Comments on INTC?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Chagi, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Chagi

Chagi

Well, INTC is trading at $19.36 right now, so I'm not sure why that's so funny. ;)

#51     Apr 3, 2006
  2. 4 times i had my head up my ass today and instead of hitting the sell button i hit the buy button.....then watched the damn stock drop....all day.....i cant beleive i can be this dumb..........but nice exit out of yout position Chagi....seems like it was the right thing to do

#52     Apr 3, 2006
  3. Chagi

Chagi

Well, I disagree somewhat with the "nice exit" bit - I should have closed my position much sooner. I found myself starting to do exactly what a trader should never do - nudging mental stops lower. I had a trade idea regarding INTC, was proven wrong, and should have closed the position earlier.

As for your own trading, I wouldn't be too hard on yourself, just make sure you learn something from today. I suspect that you might find tomorrow to be more profitable - INTC had a pretty weak showing today, I could see it breaking lower.

#53     Apr 3, 2006
  4. that's ok, u did da right thing imo; nothin' wrong to give some more time and take a shot at it.

#54     Apr 3, 2006
  5. hajimow

hajimow

Why didn't you sell covered call 20 for April? Today almost all semiconductor sector stocks were weak

#55     Apr 3, 2006
  6. hajimow

hajimow

4 times i had my head up my ass today and instead of hitting the sell button i hit the buy button.....then watched the damn stock drop....all day.....i cant beleive i can be this dumb..........but nice exit out of yout position Chagi....seems like it was the right thing to do

Many longs feel like you and once they throw the towel, a 25% rally will start. I believe it is a good time to buy 22.5 April call for 5 cents to gamble and 22.5 Call for May.

#56     Apr 3, 2006
  7. hajimow

hajimow

I believe for those who want to get into INTC but are scared of possible more drop the following trade make sense. Personally I am long in INTC and I am happy ( I mean hopeful but not really happy)

Now the trade of the month:

Sell Naked PUT 17.5 May and buy Call 22.5 May. Do the combo trade for the credit of 5 cents for a pair.

#57     Apr 3, 2006
  8. lol....i guess i didnt make myself clear earlier......(this is how pathetic i was today).....i knew INTC was dropping today and so i was trying to short it......but recently we have gained access to a new ecn that i like to use alot but because it is new i everyonce in a while hit the buy button on that ecn instead of the sell button......and it happend 4 flippen times today and each time the stock dropped 3-4 cents instantly and im pretty proud of myself for shorting it thinkin im the shit....then i look in my blotter and see a long position and the negative net that comes with it......nuthin like kicken yourself in the nuts repeatedly!

#58     Apr 3, 2006
  9. Chagi

Chagi

Oh, I see what you mean hehe. So you meant to short the stock, but accidentally went long. I could see that being frustrating - you either had too much coffee this morning, or not enough. :)

#59     Apr 4, 2006
  10. I think from 19.30 to 20 in the next few days
    I don't think it's buy and hold

Buy and Hold seems Like from 17 area to 28

#60     Apr 4, 2006