Consecutive Winning Days in a row (Intraday Traders Only) Victory Lap

Discussion in 'Trading' started by birdman, Oct 20, 2020.

1. birdman

birdman

For traders who go home flat every night ... how many consecutive winning days in a row do you string together, before having a losing day?

Here is where you get to take a victory lap and let us know how good you are?

I see a lot of metrics tracked and recorded. Don't hear much talk about this one. What is the gold standard?

2. Turveyd

Turveyd

When I'm hot ie not trading like a muppet, I think I managed 7 days in a row, but 50/50 these days, ie 1 winner, 1 loser.

Get good and I don't see a reason other than a real black swan event for ever having a down day, so guess all of them green, is the gold standard.

I just scalp index's, join a move ride and exit, so simple it's cheating.

comagnum and birdman like this.
  3. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

86 consecutive trading days in 2017.

With that said, the metric has very little purpose IMO. There are many overlooked variables.
    Is a single intraday swing trade the same as dozens of scalp-like trades? Is overnight trading equal to RTH-only trading? Is length of time trading on a given day something to be considered? And others.

More useful, but subject to the same issues, is consecutive losing days. I am happy to say, my number on this score in 2020 is 4 days.

As for a gold standard, although not entirely apples to apples, A day trader is hard pressed to do better than Virtu Financial on this front... One losing day out of 1238 trading days!!

Turveyd and birdman like this.
  4. birdman

birdman

My hat's off to you. You have me beat by a mile.

5. VEGASDESERT

VEGASDESERT

If I trade tiny size and martingale out of a losing day I can go a while but who cares. It's pointless.

birdman and Lou Friedman like this.
  6. Turveyd

Turveyd

Not really, if your using trading as a wage, then surely making a wage ie no losers, every day is kind of key.

Don't sit here to lose money, why mission is no down days pretty much ever.

birdman likes this.
  7. Bad_Badness

Bad_Badness

Average about 8-12 days of winners, then a pause. It all works out in the end as the plan accounts for it. If you plan does not encompass weeks and months, it may not work past, eh, um weeks or months.;)

birdman likes this.
  8. This is a great question. I have been day trading for two years now and it seems like eight days straight of wins is most common for me. I have had a few 10-12 day runs but it seems every couple weeks I have a losing day or two.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2020
    birdman likes this.
  9. maxinger

maxinger

For me, it is in terms of days,

not weeks/months/years.

For trading coaches, it is in terms of weeks/months ...

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    birdman likes this.
  10. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

Streaks, win and lose, are an unknown. The sequence of profit days and loss days can not be forecast. Spreadsheets are useless. Many potentially talented folks fail with completely accurate and entirely meaningless spreadsheets.

#10     Oct 21, 2020
    birdman likes this.