Cooltraderdude's TopstepTrader Combine (daily trade report and journal)

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by TST_Hoag, Sep 17, 2012.

1. remember you have 30 calendar days to complete the combine...you don't have to trade 10 days in a row.

#11     Sep 17, 2012
  2. ammo

ammo

on average there are 3 trend days a month,should be easy to ride a winner on those days ,wasy to identify,trade the market not the acct,and the negative $150 and the balance should be immaterial,today is old news already...if you are not a scalper,don't scalp..just sit and wait for set ups

#12     Sep 17, 2012
  3. traderchi128

traderchi128 Guest

I'll throw in my two cents:

I have the ability to trade 15 futures markets. But...only trade ones where the volatility is good. I agree with Mav on the ES. Until the Vix gets above 25 or so, I don't go near it. Once you get above a 25 Vix and the pit ranges expand out to at least 20-25 handles a day, then it's worth trading. But right now it's brutally tough to do much with the ES. I haven't traded the ES in over 4 months....and even then it was very rare.

You really should be trading things like Crude,Nat Gas, Corn, Soybeans,Wheat,EuroFX, Gold,Silver,Copper.....and if you have cajones....RBOB and Heating Oil.

As far as them being too volatile? If you are afraid of volatility then you should probably hang it up now.

#13     Sep 17, 2012
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

You're stealing my lines! :)

#14     Sep 17, 2012
  5. traderchi128

traderchi128 Guest

Sorry man....but you are dead on about the ES and volatility. Is a huge waste of time. New traders should really want volatility in the markets they trade. If things get insane like they did in the energies today cut your size back.

Think of two chicks sitting in a bar.....Megan Fox (will call her volatility) and Rosie O'donnell (She/It is no volatility). Which one do you want to bring home? Pretty simple right?

Well....new traders should treat trading the same way. Go where the opportunity is. Odds are Megan Fox will do things you could never imagine, while Rosie O'Donnell will sit next you in bed eating a box of donuts bitching about everything.

I actually just re-read this......have no fucking clue if it makes sense......but hopefully people catch my drift.

#15     Sep 17, 2012
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

You do know Rosie is a lesbian right? LOL. But that wouldn't stop her from going home with you if you asked nicely. :)

Now Meagan is bi. So who knows where the night might take you. :D

There are decent odds that Meagan would invite Rosie along for the ride.

No, this was not a good example. :)

#16     Sep 17, 2012

7. Ummmm, so do you know how to trade or no? I'm being serious, have you traded professionally, as in, provided a living for yourself purely based off trading? Do you have an edge? Otherwise, TST is wasting their time with this thread in my opinion.

I do wish you luck though, it would be cool if a ET'er got backed.

#17     Sep 17, 2012
  8. traderchi128

traderchi128 Guest

You just completely obliterated my example.

Fine work.

#18     Sep 17, 2012
  9. traderchi128

traderchi128 Guest

I kind of got the same feeling after reading some of his stuff. Good enough guy and I think it's great he took up the offer. But without a trading plan/strategy he will most likely be just throwing shit against the wall and emotions will get the best of him.

If he is trying to micro-scalp for a tick or two he is up against it as well. Computers are way too fast and reading the DOM is completely useless.

#19     Sep 17, 2012
  10. TheMan

TheMan

This "experiment" is worse than INCY, DEADBROKE and/or COLLEGE RULED'S thread.

AND

Not to mention AWFUL marketing exposure for this company.

Sometimes i really cannot believe some of things that I see on this site.

#20     Sep 17, 2012