Cooltraderdude's TopstepTrader Combine (daily trade report and journal)

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by TST_Hoag, Sep 17, 2012.

1. TheMan

TheMan

edit

--------------

never mind

WHY WHY WHY do i post on this site.

i have no idea

#21     Sep 17, 2012
  2. I commend him for doing it, I really do and I hope he does well, it just kind of seems like maybe he's new to futures or maybe trading actively in general. I wish others on this forum would step up and do this. It would actually be pretty cool if we could get a mini combine going for just some ET members, finally to put up or shut up.

#22     Sep 17, 2012
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Why on God's green Earth were you reading INCY's and Deadbroke's journals? LOL. Come on man, you came to this site for the junk food and now your complaining you got cavities. You shouldn't have mentioned those previous two posters. Now it's hard to take you serious.

#23     Sep 17, 2012
  4. traderchi128

traderchi128 Guest

Me too....I think it's great he's making an attempt. But he seems very caught up in his daily P/L. If you have a strategy and are confident, then don't worry about having to make this amount or that amount. JUST TRADE. If your strategy is good the money will take care of itself.

He seems way off in his thinking. I guess on "average" he could look at it as he needs 10 days of +350. But if he is patient and waits it out for his set ups (if he has any) then making 3500 trading 5 lots of CL is very doable. Can hit that rather quickly if he isn't scalping for a few ticks. The fact that he now thinks he's really down 500 is way off base.

As far as others on here.....I don't really pay attention to all the 7 figure master traders on here. Seen too much of that bs over the years.

#24     Sep 17, 2012
    skotten84 likes this.
  5. I would just like to say "Good Luck" with your venture CTD. I would love to have a look at your written trading plan, most traders cannot make $$ without one. Feel free to PM me with it, and I'll be glad to offer some suggestions.

Please don't take this opportunity and just toss coins in the air (not saying you are or would), but see if you can set a good example for others to follow.

Good Luck,

Don

#25     Sep 17, 2012
  6. CoolTrader,

Crude has some wicked moves, today it dropped 4 pts which equates to 4 grand on 1 lot! Even getting a piece of this would have been good.

Scalping for a few ticks will be difficult, given that the combine also requires TWO of the following:

1. average win greater than average loss
    2. average win duration greater than average loss duration
    3. overall win percentage of 45% or greater

If you take many small losses, then #3 is out. Therefore you can only pass with the first two, which requires you wait for entry and hold for a bigger move, or take size on a smaller move when you are confident that the odds of the set up are in your favor.

Ask TST if they will let you view reports of those who met the objective, so you can see exactly what they did.

The report seems to change when a new trader is funded, here's the one that traded Crude exclusively and was posted on the other thread:

http://www.topsteptrader.com/fundedtradereport

Hope that helps.

#26     Sep 17, 2012
  7. hitnrun

hitnrun

How does anyone expect to make real money , if someone is trading by the seat of there pants
    You have to have a game plan to make this work

the idea of taking shots & trading anything that moves to make the pnl is reckless for anyone

most traders would blow up there accounts with that mindset , this has to be treated as real money

trading on sim is total bullshit , it proves nothing in the real world
    any firm that would risk real money on someone that has passed any sim test
    should get there head examined . Not smart business

Cool Trader Dude , good to see you giving this a shot & doing the journal

most traders would find this combine tough to pass first time out .. good luck

#27     Sep 18, 2012
  8. taq

taq

Hello CTD,

If you never traded futures before be careful.. they are all together a different beast.

There is nothing wrong with ES just stay away small timeframes there are lot of noise there... wait for your setup go for atleast 1:2 risk reward ratio & scale out at different tgts level & let the last lot run.

If you can manage trading in London hrs have a look 6E/6B enough volatility & volume to trade from but most of the movements are done by US lunch time.

Don't ever think about touching CL if you don't know what you are doing. It moves faster than you can type your order. Yesterday it dropped +450 ticks in 3 1/2 hrs but 370 ticks it dropped in less than 3 mins. Don't look this as how much you ca make in here but how much & how fast you can lose in CL.

All the best.

#28     Sep 18, 2012
    skotten84 likes this.
  9. That's not true. I test all of my strategies/methods on sim first. Of course, my strategies are somewhat mechanical. But, I agree if your strategy is wholly discretional then sim may not be that effective but still somewhat useful for working out the kinks.

#29     Sep 18, 2012
  10. A trade example...

I've bracketed the market with...

A stop buy at 1.3083 and a limit sell at 1.3085.. A limit buy at 1.3073 with a quick stop sell at 1.3072...

#30     Sep 18, 2012