Cooltraderdude's TopstepTrader Combine (daily trade report and journal)

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by TST_Hoag, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Stopped out for a tick almost instantly... this was done in the practice non-Combine account ...

#31     Sep 18, 2012
  2. Good thing I did it this way (stopped @ 1.3072) because the market is at 1.3055 right now...

But it doesn't count because I did it in practice.

#32     Sep 18, 2012
  3. Wonderful....

Just great... I made $405.00 in my practice account but I lost another -$35.00 in my Combine account...

It's this sort of thing that makes you want to claw your eyes out...!

#33     Sep 18, 2012
  4. Some people were talking about a trading plan...

Allright... Here it is...

Plan

1. Make a decision on the direction of the market.

2. Master the entry.

3. Remember your ABCs... that's Always Be Cutting!
    (or Be Like Rodent BLR)

4. Trade size.

Works OK for making your daily bread and butter but it ain't going to beat this Combine.

To beat this Combine you need position trading...

Check out my profile at TPT...

http://www.topsteptrader.com/ViewProfile/cooltraderdude/0/p/0

#34     Sep 18, 2012
  5. Something wrong with my connection again...

Market at 1.3054 in reality but showing 1.3067 on DOM... and this time it ain't the month I'm trading. Unless E6 doesn't correlate to spot...?

#35     Sep 18, 2012
  6. 6E won't correlate perfectly to spot since it's a futures product.

#36     Sep 18, 2012
  7. traderchi128- Agreed. That is what we say. We want you trading your plan and managing your risk. ie. Just Trade. Like you said if your strategy is good the money will come. Besides instilling discipline or seeing who has discipline, we want to see who has a trading plan or strategy that works in today's market... that is our goal with the Combine.

mp

#37     Sep 18, 2012
    skotten84 likes this.
  8. Sold 2 lots @ 1.3051.... Position trade taken on the break... Trying to hold for a while...

#38     Sep 18, 2012
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

No dude, futures do not correlate to spot. There is something called an interest rate differential.

#39     Sep 18, 2012
    skotten84 likes this.
  10. ScalperJoe- Reports change as we recruits that submit a Custom objective (which is basically a proposal on how they would like us to evaluate their trading)... We added this awhile back to allow us to evaluate recruits who's trading did not fit well with our standard scouting evaluation criteria.

mp

ps. you can go here to find out about the Custom objective: http://www.topsteptrader.com/customevaluation

#40     Sep 18, 2012