Creatine Monohydrate

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Frederick Foresight, Aug 13, 2021.

1. I saw this video recently:

We haven't discussed this supplement in a while, and so thought I'd bring up the subject again. Does anyone have anything good or bad to report about taking it?

2. Another video on the subject:

3. Baron

Baron ET Founder

All it's ever done for me is bloat me out.

Real Money likes this.
  4. That is my recollection also from the brief time I used it several years ago. Do you recall what dosage you were taking, whether you loaded at first, and if you cycled it?

5. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I've tried all the dosing protocols. The results are always the same. Total bloat city. It's probably a genetic thing on my end.

6. destriero

destriero

Creatine has some value but it takes a toll on the kidneys. The bloat is real.

7. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Anavar probably has a better risk profile with lower side effects. :D

8. destriero

destriero

I am stockpiling it for the boogaloo. ;)

9. The two MDs in the video suggest that the risk is overstated for healthy people with no kidney issues. That creatine doesn't appear to affect kidney function in healthy people. However, most neutral-appearing sites raise the potential risk to kidney function.

I was thinking about trying it again, but I don't want to play chicken with the kidney gods, and so I'm on the fence.

Any further thoughts to help knock me off that fence?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2021
  10. destriero

destriero

Adequate CoQ10 and you should be OK.

#10     Aug 13, 2021
    Frederick Foresight likes this.