Creating a backup usb install for Windows 10 upgrade

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by oraclewizard77, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Here some other steps I did to fix lag. I switched my DNS to OpenDNS on the wireless router settings. I also like that phishing sites blocked by default.

For Blizzard games, I went into each game settings after game was running, and changed it to medium sound from high sound.

https://www.techradar.com/news/best-dns-server

#151     Sep 1, 2020
  2. BrownKim

BrownKim

My computer has been upgraded to Win 10,my mother’s Windows 8 computer was also upgraded to Windows 10 by me,Microsoft did not help me.i did ask for help like it,but it was not ideal.

#152     Nov 25, 2020

3. Just like Apple supports IOS upgrades to your Iphone for free, Microsoft does the same for free. So when one of Microsoft's patches crashes your computer, it's their fault and they need to help.

I had one time a problem with upgrading an Apple Iphone that stopped working after I upgraded using Itunes. I called Apple and they helped get the phone working again. Now I just download their update directly to the phone, and then back it up to the computer after.

The last Microsoft patch that crashed my computer was due to having a different free antivirus software on it instead of Defender. Now, I just use Defender which is good enough.

#153     Nov 26, 2020
  4. If you run a speed test and see speeds fluctuating then try using your VPN with a state near where you live. Run speed test again, and if speeds are running more normal and you no longer have lag, you fixed the issue.

#154     Feb 21, 2021
  5. cobco

cobco

I am still on Windows 7 for my trading apps, everything else runs on various *ux.

Is there an LTS (LTSC) image that I could install and be spared of the bugs snowball with every feater upgrade on Windows 10 please?

TIA

#155     Feb 28, 2021
  6. Some things you could do is turn off or delay windows updates. For example, put you are on limited bandwidth even if you are not and also set updates to be delayed by max.

Also, the main thing to do is backup everything to a thumb drive or some Internet site for your data so worse case if you have to reformat your computer which I have had to do multiple times, you can then get back up and running.

Also, a computer can run for about 5 - 7 years. You can replace the power supply and clean it out with air to keep it running. Eventually you may want to just purchase a business computer with at least Windows Pro on it.

Finally, you could rent a virtual server, so your trading apps are running on a machine that is stored closer to say the stock exchange. This would decrease lag and is good for automation. If you are making good money trading, I would definitely suggest doing this. Make sure they are backing their servers up to tape backups so you would be able to get up and running faster if there is an issue.

#156     Mar 1, 2021
  7. Ok. This is my 1st video I created for my youtube channel. It's really to test how to create a video and it looks like I need some software that can record price action from my computer itself so I don't need to hold the camera and point it at the computer.

This just covers wifi setup in your home or office if you want to take a look. In future I will have more computer videos and then when quality improves some trading videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC84HEm0svHvefCn4FgljYwg

#157     Jul 26, 2021
  8. Here is a good suggestion for anyone who trades or runs a business. You want to replace all of your internet equipment every 1 to 2 years.

My internet was fading in and out. So I told Spectrum and after some testing they agreed the modem that I got from them was not sending the speed out to the router. So I traded it in for another free modem.

I have also ordered the newer wifi 6 router, a new extender, and a new usb wireless connector for the desktop.

After the modem replacement I already noticed a big difference in reliability.

I am replacing each part 1 by 1 to see what makes a difference and running speed tests.

#158     Sep 18, 2021
  9. Overnight

Overnight

There is your biggest problem.

#159     Sep 18, 2021
    oraclewizard77 likes this.
  10. Where I live there are NO other internet providers. LOL.

#160     Sep 18, 2021