Creating a backup usb install for Windows 10 upgrade

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by oraclewizard77, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Installed the
    ASUS AX1800 WiFi 6 Router (RT-AX55) - Dual Band Gigabit Wireless Router

Put it separate 5 and 2.4 GHz. Unchecked wifi 6 mode since I don't have anything that uses that right now.

My speed went from around 100 MB/s to over 200 MB/s. Don't even need the repeater, the coverage is much better too. Really amazing improvement.

Also, not getting any connection dropping in SC 2. I really can't believe the improvement.

I was not able to autoconfig using their app on Iphone so called them and they walk you through connecting using your wifi adapter to configure the router from your PC.

#161     Sep 20, 2021
  2. Interesting if you post a negative comment in youtube, it will get auto deleted within 5 secs. Or this could be FireFox. I used Chrome and posted a positive comment and it did not get deleted.

#162     Oct 3, 2021
  3. Had a folder on my hard drive that did not let me delete sub folders. I downloaded a program called take ownership and that fixed it.

#163     Nov 13, 2021
  4. userque

userque

I use https://lockhunter.com/

#164     Nov 13, 2021
    oraclewizard77 and ph1l like this.
  5. Here is a test video I created using OBS studio. It shows how easy it is to use this free program to record your screen and post it to your you tube channel. I did not do any editing which I will do in future to create trading videos.

#165     Dec 27, 2021
    cobco likes this.
  6. We learned doing this that my standard mic sucks ass, so I ordered a $ 29 mic from Amazon so hopefully my next video will have better sound quality.

#166     Dec 27, 2021
  7. Seems Location services is causing disconnects some applications so I turned it off for now.

#167     Jan 28, 2023
  8. Was again having internet issues of dropping signals and lower than 95 mps/s. I fixed this by going to a TP Link WIFI 6 deco mesh. Set 1 as router in bedroom. Then put the other on other side of house and then connected my computer to 2nd one using Ethernet network cable. Got 293/mps connection to Internet with no dropping off of speed. This is a really good setup.

#168     May 20, 2023