Creating my first automated system AmiBroker/RealTest or coding required?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by alphahunter, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Please forgive my beginner status as I have not built an automated trading system before- I have a specific idea of what I want, but no knowledge of the easiest way for a non-programmer like me to go about creating it. I am willing to put in the effort to learn a platform or python if that is what it will take as I have had success with strategies, but have been spending my full time and attention trading which is no longer viable for the amount of P&L.

Strategy Idea:
    I am trying to generate order in real time based on the pricing of another product in order to be able to automate spread trading with hedging. I.e. I would like to trade T vs VZ and I want to price T as a function of VZ (given yesterdays closes) and then be able to automate buying T and hedge by selling equal value of VZ when T is trading .5% Lowe than VZ in real time (such would be the case when T is down 1.5% and VZ only down 1%). Basically a quoter that isn't really too latency sensitive.

I am not clear if platforms such as AmiBroker or RealTest would allow me to generate live orders using say IB and autogenerate limit orders and hedging orders (once filled on the starting order), or if these tools would just be usable for backtesting? I have been looking at demos but do not see auto order generation using other live prices in this manner? Or is my only real solution to code this myself ?

2. lindq

lindq

Take a look at InvestorRT at linnsoft.com.

3. traider

traider

I think IB already has a spread trader. Try that first.

4. Thanks for the recommendation, I looked over their demo/site a bit-

Would a platform like this would allow me to send automated orders and hedges, or is this a tool for creating the indicators, signals, scans, and advanced charting?

5. Thanks but I have been using IB for years- their spread trader won't allow for complex spreads I am trying to create- I gave a simple example above, but really I included inverted products, strange ratios, different value hedges to value initially traded in some cases- etc.

6. traider

traider

If you know python ib insync is good
    Ninjatrader ok for C#

7. lindq

lindq

Yes, it interfaces with IB. Backtests, charts, autotrades. No complex coding, it uses its own simple language. You can set up quote pages, similar to Excel, with live data, compare and contrast instruments, create formulas, send orders.

Any questions: support@linnsoft.com

Last edited: Oct 20, 2021