Critical Race Theory - Parents fight back

Discussion in 'Politics' started by gwb-trading, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Cuddles

Cuddles

[​IMG]

#191     Jun 16, 2021
  2. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

In the days of slavery there were black slaves teaching their kids to be submissive to Master,around 10% of blacks still do so today.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
    #192     Jun 16, 2021
    userque likes this.
  3. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Indeed.He never would have responded if the only negative posts were about a black person or people.

#193     Jun 16, 2021
  4. userque

userque

Exactly this.

#194     Jun 16, 2021
  5. WeToddDid2

WeToddDid2

I did not violate anyone to my knowledge.

#195     Jun 17, 2021
  6. userque

userque

You'll have to take that up with the ET Topic Hall Monitor: @gwb-trading

#196     Jun 17, 2021

7. Sounds like your opinion because the article specifically stated it is to address inequalities in the school not to make one group lifted over the other and was a program put in place a few years ago with no complaints.

Each comment you make sounds like "This is what I believe is going on in another school district I have no connection with or any presence in or information on but read a click bait headline on and giving you my personal bias on...I can do this without citing any actual program or policy that is actually in effect. What hyperbole parents are claiming is basically fact."

#197     Jun 17, 2021
  8. Just to be clear, CRT is some magic phrasing that radical left and right people came up with and is being thrown around incorrectly by both sides.

I am not in favor of any thing the far left or far right imagines CRT is. In fact there is no need for any fancy phrasing or theory.

The whole idea is simply include all history in U.S. history and don't white wash it. It is factual so tell it. To be honest in discussions with freinds and family members from VA to NY, they all get history on Civil War and slavery as part of U.S. history. I think the South has a harder time with it and tries to paint the Confederacy as patriots or some grand culture to uphold.

The fact that the Tulsa massacre is unknown to 99% of the U.S. population is sad since there is a % that beleives bad treatment of Blacks ended with the 13th Amendment (If average students don't know when the Declaration was signed it is not far fetched from them to never have learned about reconstruction, jim crow, and KKK).

#198     Jun 17, 2021
    gwb-trading likes this.
  9. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

What Critical Race Theory Has Wrought
    A new video essay explores the theoretical roots and practical consequences of the controversial ideology.
    https://www.city-journal.org/theoretical-roots-and-practical-consequences-of-critical-race-theory

Critical race theory is rapidly spreading through America’s public institutions. Yet most Americans have little understanding of the theory and how it affects their lives. In a new video essay, City Journal contributing editor Christopher F. Rufo explores the intellectual roots of critical race theory, summarizes his investigative reporting on this topic, and explains how citizens can fight back in their communities.

#199     Jun 17, 2021
  10. This is typical... the media latches on to an issue that has a catchy phrase or title and then bombards the public with it until they are talking about it all day and night....

CRT is NOT rapidly spreading through America's public institutions.... this is the bullshit that media is spreading to get people agitated so they have shit to talk about it.

People are sheep who look to left and right wing media to figure out what they need to be outraged about and then go to public meetings and lie and cry.

#200     Jun 17, 2021